GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tejan Nyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:52:05 -0800
Sister Soffie ,
Accept my sympathy on the loss of your dad . Uncle
Babou was the best and the last "sarpancha" among the
lot .He was building a replica of the slave ship that
transported slaves to the U.S a project he just
completed .We learned of his death in the morning when
we call to farm up the arrangement to transport the
boat to its destination .Mam Babou he was fondly
called will be missed by the entire NCAC staff and the
Department of State for Tourism and Culture . May his
soul rest in perfect peace .
Chi Jamma , Brother Sheikh Tejan
--- "Ceesay, Soffie" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Your calls, email messages and visits made it easier
> to bare up.  My
> family and I thank you from the bottom of our
> hearts.  Losing loved
> ones, especially in such quick succession is tough.
> I cannot, but thank
> the Almighty for having given us, and those who knew
> them, such
> wonderful human beings and pray that their light
> touch us in some way to
> make us better human beings.
>
> Warmest Regards,
> Ya Soffie and family