GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andrea Klumpp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:13:42 +0100
Hello,
its good to be back on the list, and good to read your couragous and moving words, Jabou and Sigga. I had what we call baby-pause, I got two sweet girls in the last two and a half years. It is still difficult for me to follow the discussions closely but please send any petition for further distribution. ebrimas' source and others: I think you are right, urging GL members to act and put as much external pressure as possible on Yahya and his "government" He is already facing a lot of pressure in the country. I see a chance here to make it very clear to him that any kind of force will not be tolerated. I am not gambian and not speaking good enough english to write a petition, but perhaps we could put pieces of earlier petitions together, to draw a general picture of what is going on in the country. the facts speak for themselves. We could add short statements of GL members. I also think the momentum after the recent developments in Cote d'Ivoire could be used to have an impact !
 on officials outside the Gambia.
best regards,
AndreaXx