GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:57:08 -0400
Ous, I am at least glad that you said that I was 'implying' that I tolerate
impunity for certain people. At least you had the decency to admit that I
NEVER said that I tolerated such injustice. But I also NEVER implied that
either. Are you honest with yourself? Re-read what you wrote and see whether
it makes sense to call someone a torturer and a murderer and NOT bring forth
any proof of what you are saying. You are putting the cart before the horse.
You do NOT tell lies against people and tell them to refute your lies before
you bring proof. You are asking Chongan to prove a negative; i.e. he is NOT
a torturer. To your knowledge, who has Chongan ever tortured? This is my
problem with you. I care less what you say about the former regime so long
as it is NOT LIES. You want to fight that battle, be my guest. Jawara, who
has now retired in Britain and cannot massacre our children, is NOT my
problem. I challenge you to 'tabulate a journal' about Chongan's activities.
You know you are lying.

I sensed that you are somewhat shifting your position now talking about what
Chongan could have been instead of what he was. You wrote to Kujabi and Owen
that you "honestly believe that Chongan would have been a worse monster had
he been in the position of his former colleagues." What does that mean?
Where are you taking the debate now? Are you a fortune-teller? Chongan had
power before. Did he use it to torture people because they were defending
the legitimate government of the day? Did you know that while Chongan was at
the helm of the Police there was a Student Demonstration against Jawara? Can
you tell me how many students were massacred in that demonstration? And mind
you, Jawara was in Gambia during the Demonstration and stopped his convey to
talk to the Students, while Chongan was present. Now, contrast that with
what the vermin did to our children on April 10 and 11, 2000.

Did you know that Baba Jobe was 'accused' of serious crimes during the
Jawara regime right before the coup? Do you know where Baba Jobe was locked
up? Do you know those conditions and how they compare to the despicable
conditions Chongan was incarcerated in? I will tell you. Baabaa Jobe was
kept at a 'self-contained apartment' opposite the 'Depot', and adjacent to
Chongan's house. Guess who was guarding him? Yes, Yaya. You obviously knew
the position Chongan held in the government at the time. Ask Baabaa if
Chongan ever tortured him?

You are trying to compare apples and oranges. You picked the wrong person to
help you lash out at the former regime. Apart from vicious lies, you cannot
begin to compare what Chongan did to what these vermin did to him and are
continuing to do to people like Dumo. If you want you can imagine what
Chongan could have been if he was the president. That is very different from
saying that he has murdered or tortured someone in the past. You yourself
can be a murderer if you were president. To tell such vicious lies about
people is worst than certain crimes.

You are darn right I hate Yaya. But not for the reason you think. You think
that I hate the vermin because I liked the former government. Just shows how
ignorant you are of my motivations. Keep on guessing.
KB