GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ylva Hernlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:32:34 -0800
Greetings,

Again, it is one brother and one tubaab woman....
Thank you.
I look forward to comments after people actually read the book.  As for
the issue of religion, if one looks at the practice from a continent wide
perspective and not just at the Gambian situation, it becomes clear that
the link with religion is not consistent.  Out of the nine country case
studies that we discuss, a great deal of variety can be detected.  There
are Muslims who don't practice it and non-Muslims who do, and in each
local context there is different relationship to religion(s).
Best, Ylva