GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matarr Sajaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:02:58 EDT
My fellow Gambians,
       For months I have toyed with the idea of peaceful
transformation of power from Jammeh to the people. I
believe that peace must be preserved at all cost because
of the consequences of war. In light of all the activities that
have transpired within the last months, I am joining the rest
of the list members who believe in the use of force to remove
the cannibalistic man we call Jamus Dogma Jammeh.

   Our country is at war. If we sit on the sidelines and do nothing
pretty soon we will not have a country to call home. This man has
declared war on our people.  He has made open declarations that
anyone who challenges the survival of his cannibalistic ways will be
roasted in the fire. This is evident on his recent statement to the press.
He also moved to "Cannila" which translate "cannibal land."

   I suggest that we begin to rally Gambians everywhere to train and
buy ammunition to fight this monster. Monsters like Jammeh do not believe
in conventional methods of democracy. I agree with Yus and others that
we must take Jammeh head on by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

  The opposition must be allowed to thrive. If these criminals are allowed to
intimidate people and kill without retribution then we must all sign our
death
warrants today. We must realize that if we dare to challenge the MONSTER
then we will pay with BLOOD. If one lives in a country of no peace, then one
must
create peace or leave. This kind of survival is not fit for animals let alone
humans.

  The Monster must be captured and prosecuted and given the DEATH penalty
for his role in the butchery of the Gambian people. The diplomacy must end
today.
We are not dealing with a diplomatic government but a MONSTER who gives a
damn about the constitution. An element like this does not deserve to live in
a civil society. Elements like Jammeh must be captured and caged. People like
Jammeh are sick and needs to be in a treatment facility not in our State
House.

   Lets suspend the politics of democracy. You cannot be political without
fully gaining
control of power. The power structure does not support institutional politics
where all parties can excise their rights to organize. The environment is of
a battlefield
where the most powerful rules. To change this phenomenon, we must control
power
and create the environment that fosters a democratic process.

   The Jammeh government must be brought to their knees. We must not be
baited with
cover up stories and coroners inquest that is aimed at exonerating Jammehs
Bandits.
This guy is running an Al Capone style mob movement that needs to be crushed.
If we
like to be ruled by the mob, then lets allow these bandits to torture,
oppress and murder our
people without retribution. These bandits must be captured and prosecuted.

   Lastly, I want to encourage those genuine Gambians who are committed to
freeing
the Gambia of Criminals like Jammeh and company to form an alliance for
democracy for
the forceful removal and prosecution of Jammeh.  All options must be
evaluated and no
exceptions made once this Monster is captured. We must realize that if we
fail to take
this idiot head on, then we are allowing the Gambia to go in the record books
the same way
Liberia, SierraLeone, etc., did.

   A militant effort to remove the monster will prevent other predators like
Jammeh to form
gorilla movement to oust Jammeh and institute the same voodoo tactics of
cannibalism
that the Monster is subjecting our people to. This movements goal is to oust
the Monster and cage
the predator then institute a democratic government. I am confident that
there are patriotic
Gambians at home who will not hesitate to join this struggle. To love ones
country is to love ones
people. Our people deserve freedom.

  In conclusion, I must say that to do nothing is the same as being an
accomplice. This monster
Has killed, stolen our dreams and is planning to erase and rewrite our
history. If he is allowed
to succeed then shame on us of us.

Freedom first then Politics.
Sincerely,