GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 07:10:28 +0100
Hamjatta,

I think I understand your concerns and you seem to understand the point
I tried to put across. Your concerns are quite in order and I have a
feeling that they are genuine. So let the debate go on in the spirit of
open-mindedness and in pursuit of the truth and nothing but the truth. I
don't even see the need to be "diplomatic", if that should mean diluting
the vigour with which you try to get to the truth, nor do I think that
you should beseech Halifa's forgiveness. If anything, I respect your
resolve to scrutinize leaders and not just gulp down their words.
Genuine leaders should be happy that they have thinking beings on their
side to check, among other things, that their words match their deeds. I
hope we can move on.

Brotherly

Alpha Robinson.

PS I am replying from this address because mine is having some problems.