GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 12:41:29 EDT
Hey Ayatollah Suntouni,
Men I was half awake when I opened my mailbox but you woke me right up. I
didn't know you have so much reserve of energy.

You border a tad bit on islamic fanatic though. I like islam, although I
would only share that I am a student of islam. I am not a muslim yet, probably
never will be according to your understandings of the religion. I do admire your
commitment though. I think our coleague Lamin is also a student of Islam and
he desires the muslim lifestyle.

As you can see, our religion is our personal choice. There are other
religions such as Christianity, Budhism, Hinduism, and schools of divinity proper. All
these religions have followers in Gambia who may be as passionate about their
religions as you exhibit and are rightfully proud of. I don't think Lamin
desires a governor of all these peoples of Gambia to lead at the expense of any
one of the constitutive religions that is why equal treatment of all the
religions may be the way to go. Allah affords us that privilege. I am not going to
quote the quoran for you just yet but suffice it to say that you cannot be a
good muslim if you display an aversion to other faiths and their adherents.

Throughout the world and in nations where a majority religion threatens to
drown out other religions, a concerted effort is made to maintain diversity for
ecosystem sustainability sakes. The reason is that if your brand of religion
happens to be short in a certain area, the worth of your life can be
complemented by your fellow citizen's religion. This is the basic tenet of co-existence
as was demonstrated by all the prophets even as they zealously fought wars for
converts.

If you're going to be PDOIS for anticipation of an Islamic state, I would
presume PDOIS does not desire you, neither does APRC, nor UDP/NRP. I suggest you
begin your own political party and vye for governance of Gambia right away. It
is for this reason De Torqueville advises separation of state and religion.
NOT ABANDON YOUR RELIGION. Allah says he will take care of the life of
religions that is why he will send messengers among all peoples to train them on their
various religions.

I like you Suntou, but you're beginning to scare me. You said a lot of things
that no one argues with. But you said some other things that exhibit phobia
for other persons and their religions. That is what scares me.

Easy bro and perhaps you ought to visit Saudia or Misra if you haven't done
so already. Haruna.