GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:34:01 EST
I found Charle's Sam's diatribe to be silly and untrue on it's face.
Additionally, coming from him made it all the more incredible and fallacious
because he has demonstrated a dubious affinity for cuddling and posturing for
the same gov't that has precitipated the rancor and polarization he pretends
to be complaining about. His pronouncements are not the laments of an
observer who gives a hoot about what happens to Gambian society. On the
contrary he is a shallow and selfish man who would auction off the last
vestiges of dignity left in him if he can make a buck or put himself on a
pedestal.To be sure we are not a nation or a people without inherent flaws.
But to have a certified hustler who peddles nothing but an agenda concocted
around sycophancy and outright lies pretend that he can lecture a people he
is doing his best to harm is beyond contemptious. All he does is wrap himself
in the guise of an honest Pan Africanist when his real objective is to
advance some kooky Jamahiriya type tyranny in which he can live comfortably
and jerk the chains of the murderers that typically run these kinds of
regimes. He is not the least interested in having a vibrant democracy
anywhere on our continent and you will not find anything in his record to
suggest otherwise. Consequently I reject his characterisations outright. I am
interested in hearing what Pa Dacosta has to say about what ails Gambia
because he has the credibility  and would be honest and dispassionate in his
observations. Charles Sam belongs to the discredited list of liars and
sychophants who incessantly and shamelessly try to pull cruel jokes on the
Gambian people by making sanctimonious and immoral pronouncements.
Karamba