GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:49:51 -0400

      The vociferous voices are silent
      the partisan bickering ebbs
      the moment of truth draws closer
      the garment of ethnic pride
      worn sleekly up our tattered sleeves
      divisive and condescending
      it brings to the fore
      the latent ethnic biases
      the drumbeat of proud tribal warriors
      deafens the polluted political battlefield.

      We stand accused
      our loyalty is deeply ingrained
      buried deep in our subconscious mind
      that we are first and foremost
      a Wollof, a Mandinka, a Fula and a Jola
      and the hypocrisy of our intellectual nuances
      falls flat on its deceitful face;
      we parade ourselves as genuine patriots
      our allegiance unabashedly ethnic centered
      with a perceived interest motivation
      our passionate chorus
      a disharmonious appeal to an opposition divided.

       Rene

     Nb: The foundation for peace and a secured blessing, lies in an enlightened and progressive thought orientation. If our hearts are not in one place, we cannot have a common cause with seeming uncommon results.