GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:48:43 -0400
Tombong, elections are NOT only rigged on Elections day or at the eleventh
hour. In your statements you tacitly admitted that you are currently NOT
giving the political parties equal time. You said you are waiting for the
IEC in order to start giving the parties 'equal time'. Right now as we
write/speak, you are rigging the elections for Yaya whom you unashamedly
support to win the election in October. You are on record saying that you
are a Yaya supporter. I say you are currently rigging the elections for
various reasons.

When you actively peddle the launching of a Web-site by the APRC, you are
rigging elections. When you parade APRC stalwarts on TV and pass them on as
'UDP defectors', you are rigging elections. When you parade the despicable
Saihou Sisay and pretend that he has clout he is bringing to APRC from PPP
(which does not exist anymore), you are rigging elections. When you refuse
to report to the Gambian people the shenanigans Baabaa Jobe and Yaya have
been involved in to warrant Baabaa Jobe's UN 'ban', you are rigging
elections. When you refuse to report about the drug dealer APRC MP that was
caught with his pants down and thrown in jail, you are rigging elections.

Tell us one piece of 'bad' news you have reported that is unfavorable to
Yaya.
KB