GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ceesay, Soffie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:28:15 -0400
Good morning.  The rule that every subscribed email address should show the owner's name has been in place for some time now.  That there are bogus names/email addresses is an anomaly.  Personally, I don't care whether people use bogus names - there are no guarantees that Masaneh Ceesay is the real owner of the email [log in to unmask]  However, a Gambia-L "rule" is a "rule" and ought be followed.  I am here suggesting that management take this issue up for resolution.  Or if it is going to be an anything goes kind of environment, subscribing phantom individuals who are then given cover to throw sand in the food, we should make this clear so that those who would rather not be a part of it can unsubscribe.

I think that our existence, who we are, our value to the community cannot and must not be summed up in those moments when we are goaded into letting loose and go for the jugular with  visceral reactions.  I am devoutly against insulting people's parents and we all know what results when that happens face to face.  Our keyboards allows us to escape the ras-to-ras that would have resulted.  So, Kabir, I've lost no respect for Karim either and in this vast (internet), yet small (G-L) space we interact in, I will work to earn your, Karim's, and others' respect.

This is for anyone - Why is it easier to let loose on our mothers and not fathers?  What, within, is satisfied when you insult someone's parents and do the insults yield the value sought and what is that value?

Soffie