GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:22:58 +0000
Mr Joof

This is a sad situation. Lawyer Ousman was just a
legal counsel to Baba Jobe and nothing else. I wonder
why such an individual should be a target!!! My
thoughts goes to his family. I wish him SPEEDY
recovery.

Perhaps, the time has now come for the Gambia Bar
Association to get involved in the struggle for the
preservation of human rights and the rule of law. If a
Lawyer cannot live peacefully in his own country then
surely something must be wrong with the whole system.
You don't need a rocket scientist to determine the
origin of such COWARDLY act.

For years now, the Gambia Bar Association have been
dormant in the struggle.  I think this is a wake up
call for the Gambian Bar Association. Yesterday it was
Koro Ceesay, Saidibou Hydara and the 13 unarmed
students, but today, its your fellow learned friend,
god knows what will happen tomorrow!!! When Ousainou
Darboe took up the supreme sacrifice to oppose Jammeh,
there were some within the BAR who decided to
riddicule him . Well Darboe might not have won any
elections so far but his reasons for challenging
Jammeh is now clear to every right thinking Gambian,
that the Gambia is better off without Jammeh at No 1
Marina Parade

Once again, I appeal to the Gambian Bar Association to
wake up and join the struggle against state-sponsored
terrorism.

Sanusi Owens

 --- omar joof <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > Bai,

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca