GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:35:52 -0500
Culled from the Daily Observer, by Ibrahim JT Kujabi

Businesswoman donates ambulances to government

President Yahya Jammeh yesterday received four ambulances from Mrs. Faith
Mbolo, a UK-based Gambian businesswoman, at Statehouse.

President Jammeh said the donation has strengthened his faith in Gambian
women for their participation in the socio-economic development of the
country.

“I think we are not mistaken, this is the first time we have received such
a significant donation from a Gambian based in the UK. The donation is so
great that, it has set another challenge. This is what we call constructive
criticism. You don’t write on the Internet that there is no ambulance and
the government is doing nothing. When an individual donates, it forces me
and the rest of the government to do more.”

He pointed out that Mrs. Mbolo’s donation is a step further in their
campaign for Gambians to love and help their country. “Only patriotic
citizens and human beings who love humanity would always contribute towards
the saving of lives,” President Jammeh said.

Speaking earlier, Mrs. Faith Mbolo said the donation was a contribution to
President Jammeh’s development programme.

“We want to see The Gambia as a country that is moving forward. We must get
up and help the president move our beloved country forward,” she said. She
said a container with medical equipment is on its way for the Gambian
people.

Mrs. Mbolo pledged to sponsor a ward at the Royal Victoria Hospital.

Other speakers included the vice president, Isatou Njie-Saidy, SOS Touray
and SOS Gassama.

Mrs. Faith was accompanied to State House by her husband, Mbolo Martin.

--
There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve (Mike Leavitt)