GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:50:48 EST
You know, this is the same old gibberish that these unthinking Jammeh cronies
always spew out instead of addresing the real issues. It reaffirms the fact
that one has to really have their heads in the mud to support this regime
because no clear thinking person will throw these insignificant "so called
achievements" out but them.

It is only Jammeh supporters who can honestly think that things such as the
arch, the empty new hospitals and such are a sign of progress, when the very
same regime is murdering people, embezzling funds, setting up dummy
corporations to rob  our dwindling economy, violating the human rights of
Gambians at every turn and side tracking investigations into their endless
list of criminal activities, not to mention our worsening economic condition.

Slowly killing us, but what a shiny new building can do to mesmerize the
simple-minded, never mind it's usefulness or priority in the face of more
pressing needs.
The  sad parameters of measurement of progress by these people is a living
testament to their ignorance of what a  government's real role should be, and
it is this same kind of ignorance that makes leaders like Jammeh still a
possibility in our midst.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 2/17/2001 10:59:24 AM Central Standard Time,