GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elow Wole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:21:03 -0000
List Managers,

I am quite baffled about this whole issue of Gambia-L guidelines.  I'm eager
to find out what EXACTLY our List managers are MANAGING?  Beyond adding and
deleting subscriptions, what else are you managing?, the TITLE??  Have you
ever tried writing a stored proc to rid you off such responsibility?  I'm
pretty sure there's someone out there who can  help.  I have a bigger task
for you guys.

1.  Create a LOGICAL email directory for everyone to access.
2.  Send weekly updates to all members about new members that have joined
the list etc, OR send introductory emails to existing members.
3.  As managers, send a weekly contribution to the list (just like dem
good-ol' editors do at the front page), such as discussion topics that may
interest some, probably not everyone.

It's great to have a bantaba for ALL PEOPLE!!!  But we need to use it well.

BTW, I agree to your comment about people subscribing under some crazy
aliases (I am guilty of this).  I will unsubscribe and use my real email.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Essa