GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Isatou Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:45:35 -0700
Well Awa:
I have to comment on the mail that you sent to
Jennifer. First of all, it is my assumption that she
is not a Gambian and if so will obviously interpret
issues as graphically as possible to get the message
through. She is just being sympathic to a problem that
we as Africans are in most cases relunctant to deal
with. Girl, I think we as victims should be empowered
by comments like this and hopefully get the strenght
to act on it. It is not her problem to confront our
elders about this but its you and I(Gambians) who
should rally against this. Even though you're been
through this horrible process, it seems like you are
in denial and felt that it should still be a
hush-hush.How about you give the lady a break and
gather the strenght to talk to your people about this
issue. It is us who needs to convince our elderly not
Jennifer.STOP BEING IGNORANT, ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE
EMPOWERED, AND GET YOUR PEOPLE EDUCATED.........