GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:00:56 EST
In a message dated 2/10/00 8:28:04 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  I
 am trying to say that leaders always have the intention of ruling a nation
 without any trouble but the people behind always seem to be in particular
 missions, in missions of destruction if you understand what i mean.It
 happens all the time. " He is my boss or my leader but I hate him so much, i
 am going to do all my best to eliminate him". We all know where it leads us
 to, don't we? >>
******************************
Mr Jaiteh,( if that is your real name)

You see, i have never bought that argument that the leader is good, but it is
the people behind him who are bad. I personally would not have faith in any
leader who is not able to select an administration comprised of people who
share his views and his conviction to lead the people, so that this sort of
thing does not happen. If it does happen, i dare say that an administration
who has in place an unbiased, and fair process to evaluate job performance
and accountability for funds that employees are charged with, will go a long
way to avoid this total lack of control that is cited as being the cause of
the downfall of Jawara's or eventually Jammeh's governments. In other words,
we need not only a fresh new leadership with higher ideals, but also one that
comes with an administration that shares his or her outlook in all matters of
not only governance, but honesty and accountability. It cannot happen any
other way.

Jabou Joh