GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Yusupha C. Jow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:02:25 EST
Bakary:

I like your piece but the conclusions you make really begins to undermine the
subjectivity of what you wrote. It is certainly true that decent men or women
should stand for freedom, which most want for the Palestinians.  You made
many comparisons and one which stood out in particular was the comparison
with our stance on The Gambian govt..  I already called someone out for
making this disingenuous comparison and IMO, and you again are comparing
apples and oranges here.

Again, I am for pre-1967 borders and this is certainly fair given that the
state of Israel is here to stay.  However, I am anti any violence from either
side be it from the Israeli army or the Al Aqsa suicide bombers.  It is
simply not the right way to go.  A culture of violence in this region has
stalled any efforts towards a concrete agreement.  You should hear some of
the names they call each other.  IThis culture of hate is perpetrated in both
Palestinians and Israeli schools, yet we wonder why it is that the violence
persists.

I am all about peace, understanding and love.  And for this reason, I support
the tactics of neither side.  This said, I once again reiterate that
Palestine does need a state.

-Yus