GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dawda Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:46:19 EST
To-Friends,

I had earlier on promised to briefly elaborate
On the poems and now the time is up for my
Other priorities. Actually, they are a long
Series originally, each is meant for either a book
Or chapters in terms of my preparation. However,
I am also into other things than to gear all my time
Into poetry only. As the Ramadan looms, I will be
Busier, hence, no time to keep up with the
Postings. Nevertheless, many people had
Asked me in both opened and closed mails
To further the course which definitely, I
Felt obligated to do. It is this very motivation
That boosted the poems and not my caliber.
Hence, I say thanks to all who lent me their
Ears or acknowledged any support, be it great
Or small. I'd ever remain to love my people
And country; this infact, is part of faith
Which is my main area of interest.
While I retire from the postings, I say
A heartfelt thanks to everyone, especially
To the management.

Delving now into the originality, precisely
And concisely, I am acknowledging
That they are my own in every aspect,
Ranging from style, theme and diction.
Sorry, Mr. Haruna Darboe, that I was unable
To elaborate much on it; at the time you put the
Question just to avoid any delay from other
Angles, and on the production and time frame.
Once more, thanks for your suggestion should
The poems be published, yes! my wishes are
Just to prioritize the ongoing school kids.
I don’t personally need anything from the
Proceeds.My goal is just to educate and
I can always come up with alternatives if
God so desired. Besides, I will be in touch
With Ms.J.Eidson to see her own view, too,
Or she could forward her side; in postings.
Otherwise, I am not in rush and will
Wait and see the next step ahead.

Since, I am retiring from the postings
In few days time, I’ll be talking about the
Poems with some interpretation and
Analysis in general, in my next postings.
Again and again, thanks to everybody.
May God free and protect the Gambia.

With Love,
Dawda Kabba, Jallow.