GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 01:44:36 +0200
Mr. Katim S. Touray,
I have just read your comments.
Thank you for helping me here. You are right about my intention. I have said
it more than once, that I fight with my poor english, and sometimes I
restrain from comments, just because I know it takes me too long time, and I
can not express myself the way I want to, due to my lack of english.

I have not commented anything from the MRDGNY nor the Ebou Collys very
thrilling and affected eyewitness report from the latest gambian history,
because I decided one year back, that I would not comment any person on the
list, IF I did not know who was writing the information.
Now I have 27 comments  waiting "as draft" because I try to stick to my
principle. To me it has always been a privilege to become a member of this
Bantaba, and over the years I have learnt so much from it. And I have also
met people in real life, who I first come to know through this list, and
it´s been great experience.

Ms. Jabou Joh,

thanks for your comment on the "door of reconciliation". I think I have
posted my comment some months back, what I felt about the present
governments "attempt" to present the indemnity act as a step towards
reconciliation. I will not repeat all of it, but just say, that I don´t
believe in reconciliation if the oppressor, the violating part don´t start
the process by confession, saying that they know they did wrong, did a crime
and ask for forgiveness. That part should  "risk his arm" so to say. By
enforcing a indemnity bill in the parliament is in my opinion the contrary
of "risking the arm", that is to secure your arm and then ask the offended
part to reconcile - that is an insult.

Comments and regards from
Asbjørn Nordam