GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:12:55 -0800
Hello Karamba,
                    As we discussed two weeks ago,my intension is to work on supporting the creation of a website for Armitage High School.If there is any Gambian ready to do so then please let me know I will send in my contirbutions to that person directly or thru you. Even if we have someone who wants to do so free of charge I want to contribute in helping the person buy some stationery,that can help too in a humble way. I know that in this computer age creating one for our school will help them a lot(spreading news about the school,library etc etc) If there is already one then I would still want to pledge that we feed it with more literature. I have seen all that you and others are doing for our old school and I am praying to Allah to reward everyone of you.This is what it takes, God will help us. Again in retrospect of what we spoke about on the phone,I would like to suggest the following scheme as my first contribution that is,designing something synonymous to the ACTION AID
 PROGRAM-"sponsor a child program". People like Mathew Jallow the founders of TANGO also are on line and can help design something that can create a attractive hub to attract sponsorship from sponsors here and abroad.
The ACTIO AID SCHEME was as follows: List of students especially the needy was prepared and then sent to the action aid head quarters in Kanifing then, spread out to countries in Europe particularly England.
Such students' names were put on journals etc etc to attract the attention of sponsors.In most cases they were/are charity organisations or individuals(old people,rich or kind families etc) and so on.These monies are/were usually wired to the bank account of the organisation and then managed by the country director etc.This is the way ACTION AID was mainatained.A similar scheme can be applied in  Armitage's case and then sponsors will be in direct contact with the school authorities to follow up on the progress reports of the child or student concerned. I can certainly work with any group on that with some humble opinions that may match  rich ideas from other people.
I have also pledged and would like to know how someone can send his or her pledge if the person's account is in The Gambia.I am sure it will be worked out by you and Chris.Please help guide me.I can send an authority of withdrawal to any person identified on the ground (in Banjul) to go and get my humble contribution from the bank. I will also call the bank concerned when that person's authority is sent to speed up the process.
Send me an open or private mail therefore let me know the person's name and address and when he or she can be able to go to Trust Bank Banjul branch to pick up the  said amount.My pledge will be a standing order for the whole year(quarterly allocations-ie every three months) and then renewable  at anytime I want to add more.
Deep down am really glad to see us work together and help our country. God bless all of you!
Karamba you have been doing so much to help especially behind the scenes.(laugh). I really admire you for that! Keep it up brother!
Essa Bokarr Sey.

Do you Yahoo!?