GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elhajj Mustapha Fye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:18:41 +0100
Ndey,
As i fully agree with you, that it is 100% wrong for men to oppress women, I will disagree with your comparison with Yaya Jammeh. We should respect each other
and discuss issues with understandings to make a relationship function good. Islam is a religion of Justice! If I may interprete these quoted verses to my understanding,
Sura: An-Nisâ              4:58 God commands us to give back trust to those whom they are due, and when we judge between people, to judge with justice
Sura: Al-Hujarât           49:9 God ask us to act justly, and love those who are just.
Sura: Al- Ma^;idah         5:8 God ask us not to let hatred of others make us avoid justice. We should be just !

To my understanding of the above verses, I think one can understand that Islam is totally against injustice. I stand to be corrected, if I am wrong, because people interprete things in different ways and somebody else might be correct.
In the case of Yaya Jammeh, here is a man killing, torturing, oppressing, starving, dividing etc. a whole nation. My dearest sister, Yaya Jammeh`s case to God
cannot be compared with anything on this planet. MUNKAR and NAKIR are waiting for his soul, before going to SIJJIN ( one of the depths of Hellfire ).

Elhadj.