GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 11:00:44 -0400
Sanyang, I just cannot understand where you are coming from. Hamjatta said a
simple sentence (you quoted in your piece) and you disagree with his
position and among other things said that he bullies people with words. How
does what Hamjatta says on G_L translate to the heinous acts people like
Singhateh and Sabally have committed? Don't you think you are taking things
too far by inferring that Hamjatta is capable of being a murderer? What has
Hamjatta done to you that we do not know about? If he does not use English
words to express his views strongly, what do you want him to do?

I agree that some of us are not doing what we do in order to get gratitude
from people like you. But does that disagreement with Hamjatta justify for
me to call him  a potential murderer? You keep counseling people to be
tolerant and civil, yet Hamjatta says one simple sentence, and you wrote
this long piece calling him all sorts of names and making all sorts of
accusations. Let us try and refrain from this character assassination. Some
of us do not even know each other on a personal basis. It is wrong to pick
up one or two simple sentences, psycho-analyze someone and conclude that
they can be murderers. Surely the sentences you quoted from Hamjatta are NOT
clues you can use to say that he is a Devil. Should I feel insulted because
you insinuated that Hamjatta can manipulate me to be party to a crime as
heinous as political assassination? You see, our words here are at times
open to various interpretations. It is important that some people have a
cool head and see things in their right perspective. You might be justified
to be offended that Hamjatta treated you as a 'Kindagaten kid'. Others might
think that he was not treating you as such. But even if you are right in
your interpretation, don't you think it is out of proportion to say that the
brother can be a murderer?
KB