GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:07:48 -0400
To the G-L Community:

Sir Dawda Jawara will be the guest of Miami University of Ohio from
November 6th to the 9th, 1999. While at Miami, Sir Dawda will deliver
the Grayson Kirk Distinguished Lecture "Promotion of Sustainable
Democracy In Africa" at 7:30 PM Monday, November 8th.

Sir Dawda has also agreed to meet with Gambians and other interested
parties in the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee area on Sunday,
November 7th at 2:00 PM.  This provides a good opportunity to raise
issues, concerns or questions you wish Sir Dawda to address.  He and
Sarra Janha leave for Washington, D.C. on November 9th. G-L members who
wish to meet with Sir Dawda in D.C. should contact me to make the
arrangements.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Sir Dawda twice at his home outside
London last Summer, accompanied by Ndey Jobarteh. I found him erudite,
generous with his time and very sharp. He was relaxed,  humorous and
thoughtful in his responses to my questions.  I look forward to a good
discussion. Call or e-mail me if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Abdoulaye
(513)529-2489(O)
(513)523-8467(R)