GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:01:23 -0500
Mr. Makaveli:

I accept full responsibility in what I had said earlier.  I salute your
insults with humility and understanding.  You have every right to
call me all kinds of names.  I will not engage you in frontal
attacks.  We have more at stake in freeing comrades in jail.  By
reaching out to Jammeh is by no means a surrender of principles.

Call me any name.  I am not interested in any cabinet or government
position in the Gambia.  I am a politician with objective
judgment after the storm for a better Gambia.  It is better to
change for the interest of The Gambia.  I will turn down any offer
from the APRC.  I am within reach.  It is your right to be who you
are.  Insults after the storm will not take us anywhere.

By the way, it will be a treasure if we can go home to The Gambia
and help the opposition.  My stance is conditional.  My approach
is tolerance with the full understanding that the opposition has
a vital role to play in our country.  I have embraced a kinder and
gentler approach.  I have redefined myself, and I am willing to take
a risk in dealing with President Jammeh.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency