GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ABDOUKARIM SANNEH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:26:59 +0000
By:- D A Jawo, Dakar

  Folks this a list or  A to Z of secretaries of state that served under Yahya Jammeh. The list was done by D A Jawo but I don't know whether is a complete list.

  Hi friends of the forum,
  Please find below a list of the ministers/secretaries of state (in alphabetical order) who I can remember as having once served in the AFRPC/APRC regime since its formation in 1994 but were sacked/retired/resigned, an average of about five removals per annum. I compiled it just for the fun of it, but it is quite possible that I left someone out. I can assure you that it was not quite an easy exercise, but I think it was worth it just for the record.
  Regards
  Demba Jawo

  Ministers/secretaries of state sacked/retired/resigned since 1994

   Ousman Badjie
   Samba Bah
   Lamin Kaba Bajo (re-instated, again fired)
   Musa Bittaye
   Amie Bensouda
   Fatou Bom Bensouda
   John P. Bojang
   Momodou Bojang
   Nyimasata Sanneh Bojang
   Mamat Cham
   Ebrima Ceesay
   Momodou Nai Ceesay
   Ousman Koro Ceesay (killed)
   Sulayman Massaneh Ceesay
   B. B. Dabo
   Fasainey Dumbuya
   Samba Faal
   Omar Faye
   Sadibou Haidara
   Sheikh Tijan Hydara (re-instated, again fired)
   Blaise Jagne
   Balla Garba Jahumpa (re-instated, again fired)
   Sarjo Jallow
   Amadou Scattred Janneh
   Manlafi Jarju
   Baboucarr Jatta
   Famara Jatta
   Therese Ndong-Jatta (resigned)
   Maba Jobe (before even taking office)
   Momodou Lamin Sedat Jobe (resigned)
   Joseph H. Joof
   Satang Jow (retired)
   Yankuba Kassama
   Margaret Keita
   Kumba Ceesay-Marenah
   Mustapha Marong
   Fafa Mbai
   Musa Mbenga
   Sulayman Mboob
   Tamsir Mbowe
   Dominic Mendy
   Alieu Ngum
   Bakary Njie
   Omar Njie
   Susan Waffa-Ogoo
   Hawa Sisay Sabally
   Sana Sabally
   Abdoulie Sallah (re-instated)
   Hassan Sallah
   Momodou Sallah (Silabai)
   Sidy Morro Sanneh
   Kebba Sanyang (re-instated, again fired)
   Samsudeen Sarr
   Cheyassin Secka
   Musa Sillah
   Edward Singhatey