GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:26:37 -0600
   Baboucarry, thanks for your timely response.  I think people
   from the outside need to make their opinions heard.  I think
   it's a big statement to say that we are only interested in
   having a good time.  Like you said, if we can accommodate the
   good-timers and the soccer players, I see no reason why we
   can't extend it to discussing our situation both here and back
   home, unless we don't have any issues.  I am therefore,
   appealing to the organizers to look into this suggestion.
   Good and dedicated leadership responsibilities requires that
   you allocate a Saturday morning to discuss the fate of our
   country.  I think people interested in this aspect of the
   festivities should join the discussion so our brothers and
   sisters in Atlanta would realize how important this is.  So
   many things are happening in our country that need to be
   addressed and I think we owe it to ourselves.  I now yield for

   Chi Jama

   Joe Sambou