GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 14:47:16 GMT
Boto,

I sincerely apologize for putting you on the spot. Like I told someone, I
was just about to leave for work when I decided to check my mail box. This
Sir Dawda topic caught my eye. When I opened it, I saw your name, and read
on. Within two minutes, I was literally pounding my keyboard, 'cause I just
couldn't believe anyone will have the nerve to praise Jawara, and REWRITE
Gambian history so soon, considering Jawara's record, and the current mess
we're in thanks to his rule.
But, apparently, you're the wrong writer. My message should have been
addressed to Buba Jaiteh, not you. I didn't mean to set Yaya's goons loose
on you. Your panic is perfectly understandable. I missed your protests
because after saying my piece in the morning, I deleted most of the
subsequent contributions on this topic that evening. I had more mail in my
box than I had time to read. That's how I also missed Momodou Camara's
original correction. But, simply I'm sorry for causing you any distress.
I'll look at the foot note more carefully next time. I only hope you haven't
had any "visitors" in the mean time.
Say Hi to Almamo Janneh, Hassan Joof, and Dr. Sabally for me. I was an MRC
employee myself.

Have a good weekend!

Saul.