GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:45:54 -0700
Ylva:

   This is indeed very disturbing. I just can't get it when the west is
responsible for the destabilization of the Congo region, where vast reserves
of Uranium are extracted, and end up bringing us the radioactive residue.
This makes me sick! Everyone knows that the proper disposal of radioactive
waste requires the kind of money that is sometimes more than the annual
budget of some African economies. I hope African leaders take this issue as
serious as it is. Thanks a lot.

Ous Ngum.