GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:15:25 -0700
Ebou Secka and Samba:

   Ebou, thanks a lot for interpreting what I said in more legible English.
This is exactly the point that I tried to make and nothing else. Samba, I'm
not sure about what you said vis-a-vis Ebou Colly, however, you sill reserve
the right to share whatever info you might have about this man. Credibility
is what we are looking for. Therefore, I'll urge Colly to challenge your
charges. Chongan is as well being urged to challenge my charges, then I'll
breakdown his terrible record into some damned pieces.

Kujabi and Owens:

    I did not condemn Chongan in any way for sharing his story. In fact, I
believe it's quite important for us to understand what these people went
through, however, I'm still sticking by what I said earlier. I honestly
believe that Chongan would have been a worse monster had he been in the
position of his former colleagues.

    I do not buy his whinings when he had infact perpetrated crimes with
similar magnitudes in the past with impunity. I do not need to go into
recent Gambian history to establish my case against this hypocrite. This guy
has tortured, abused his powers and commited a whole lot of vices that would
take a journal to tabulate. His dishonesty in revealing the evil of the
AFPRC while stifling his unruly behavior in the past is where I have
aproblem with him. So, Ansumana, as you will see, I'm not the "dishonest"
here.

   KB, what you are implying is that people can perpetrate the worst crime
against others, but once they come into your camp (anti-Jammeh), their
terrible records can be disregarded. This is nonesense! You went on to
rhetorically ask about the possibility of any vendetta Chongan might have
with myself and Ebou Secka. I will speak for my self on this. Such a beef is
nonexistent as far as myself and my family is concerned.

   I honestly believe that you are the one who is fighting The Jammeh regime
from a personal hatred for the man. Who knows who you were during those
corrupt Jawara days! You know, it makes me sick whenever I come across
unpricipled folks like you. INJUSTICES SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH, REGARDLESS
OF WHO THE PERPETRATOR OR THE VICTIM IS. This is why I'm exposing the
horrible acts of an otherwise professional and smart officer. No hard
feelings or bitterness.

Peaceout.

Ous Ngum.