GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:28:51 +0000
Kebba, why bother with such immaturity.  George, whatever you do for Gambia
is for Gambia, thus your focus should not be to challenge none but yourself.
  If you are here to challenge folks then kindly keep it in your wallet as
you have been doing.  From the onset, the fund was set up for the willing to
participate.  You are free to start your own and attract millionaires like
yourself to contribute.  I am really disappointed at the immaturity you are
displaying here.  However, make no mistake, your rubbish will be ignored.
You can scream bloody murder all you want, but you cannot stop Gambians from
doing what they wish.  What nonsense!  Now, the same person that said will
sit on his money all this time is now howling about allowances for the
leaders.  This is really amazing.  Like I told you before, sit on your money
and see if Gambians give a hoot.  Kebba, if I were you, I'll just ignore
this nonsense.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: Brenda <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [>-<] Coalition make it or break it- LADIES (questions)
>Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:51:58 -0800 (PST)
>
>I'm with chris here. why aren't you guys participating or talking. is there
>an unwritten laws preventing women from speaking about politics? what does
>the silence of women means in terms of gambia and women in politics?
>
>Christine Sukuna <[log in to unmask]> wrote:[ This e-mail is posted to
>Gambia|Post e-Gathering by Christine Sukuna ]
>

>Not to stick my big nose into things or digress but, I think it is ever so
>important to include the partner/wife or wives into the mix when we talk
>about heroes. I am quite certain these gentlemen would include them and I
>think it is high time they get the credit too. Having a spouse who gives
>up a portion of their family responsibilities to try to do good for all
>Gambians leaves a gap. Who fills it? Who holds down the fort or who
>worries to death when their partner is incarcerated or out battling in such
>an environment that does not welcome opposing views? I think it is high
>time these women get credit as well and I would be interested in knowing
>more about them. I would find it extremely newsworthy and helpful to bring
>to light the complexity; the stress/burden/hardships and the joy/honor that
>the family/support system of a politician in the Gambia experiences on a
>daily basis.
>
>Ladies of the Post, what do you think? I miss your voice(s) alot.
>
>Christine Sukuna
>

> > Kebba,
> > On a final note, please allow me to break down to you who
> > the "REAL HEROES" of the Meet the Diaspora Summit and
> > the Coalition Meeting were: Omar OJ Jallow, Ousainou Mbenga,
> > Halifa Sallah, Mr Suwareh(NRP) and Mr Jallow(UDP)! Heroes
> > to me are ordinary people doing extraordinary things during
> > extraordinary times. These people sacrificed the most .We hear
> > every day what they go through in that country all of us are
> > trying to change for the better. In fact I reminded you lot on that
> > eventful day in Atlanta that these were the "REAL HEROES" when
> > you were busy telling us how great your house(s) were. We
> > need to concentrate on what we can do for Gambia and NOT
> > what's in it for us. Too often we are quick to say "I did this, I did
> > that." It's all half-measures until there are tangible results. Even
> > then I rather keep my victory speeches and war stories as brownie
> > points when I have grandchildren. This insatiable quest to pop our
> > cherries while work is progress just doesn't cut ice with me. But
> > that's me. If you folks want to be true heroes then get serious. Don't
> > promise Gambians a land full of honey and milk. You guys wanna be my
> > hero
> > today, then I challenge each and every one of you self-appointed
> > custodians of this much touted Save The Gambia Fund/
> [...]

Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer virus
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now!