GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:49:17 EST
In a message dated 2/15/2002 8:26:01 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Why should one be labelled unpatriotic
> just because he/she hate a murderous, thieving regime?
>
> Are you people (the attempted gaggers ) really honest with yourselves, or
> are
> you just morally and physically blinded by political immaturity (if i may
> borrow some of your very own pathetic epithets)?

Ditto. It is a tactic and they can cry it out until the cows come home, but
as far as I am concerned, there is no confusion as to the difference betwen
right and wrong no matter how much window dressing and mob mentality is
applied to musszle the voices of reason.

Time will tell whether trying to substitute right for wrong will last.
Let those who want to label some of us as unpatriotic examine themselves
closely, and tell us what is patriotic about blindly supporting a regime that
has the blood of Gambians all over their hands, and that continues to use
gorilla tactics on the people.

With all of the public relations peddling done on behalf of this regime by
those who are clearly the worse in our midst, none of them have come here to
report a plan by the Jammeh regime to pursue justice on behlaf of those whose
loved onoes have been murdered or imprisoned by this regime without just
cause.

So the question remains, is this reconciliation or just a new strategy to buy
out those who can be bought as part of a wider and more sinister plan to
present a new image to the outside World as well as to lay the foundation for
another 30 year illegal reign in a supposedly democratic country? Only those
who want to self medicate in the face of the blatant realities will buy that
.

As I said before, a few shiny building will not bring justice to the many who
have been murdered in cold blood, and those who are being  muzzled and their
rights violated daily by a regime that thinks that being cunning will
prevail.

 Yaya Jammeh is perfecting his art at manipulating the minds of those of us
who are prone to manipulation or just plain selfish, caring only about
themselves and their own, but that does not mean that he has succeeded or
will succeed at fooling all of us.
All one has to do is weigh right versus wrong, and the choices are clear.It
isn't rocket science; this methodology of keeping your eye on the truth in
every situation and pursuing it no matter what. it is relatively simple and
fool proof. On the other hand, lying and self deceit leaves one always
scrambling to make sure you cover one falsehood with another.

 Jabou N.Joh,