GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suma kadu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:19:47 -0000
Pamodou Gassama <[log in to unmask]> Wrote

"This is to inform the list that Kebba Jobe is bowing out and Pamodou
Gassama is coming in. Hamajatta, the dubious character is being re-
packaged. As they say, the same old wine in differrent bottles. As Kebba
Jobe has done for me most of what I expected, he is retiring. Yes Mr.
Makaveli, Pamodou Gassama is indeed Kebba Jobe. So neither jubilate nor
despair.  You will still be dealing with the same old S***. Nothing
more, nothing less."

OK tough guy, you can now relax. Hell, did you know I used to believe
Kebba Jobe is a stand-up comedian? Now I know he is not. BTW, this is
Prof Assan in case you've forgotten. For old time's sake let me first
thank you for scooping your own poop. You've been hiding like an idiot
for decades. Now we finally know what sewer you're from.Please hold your
horses, no one is jubilating quite yet and I'm sure you realise that. If
anything we are disgusted that a seemingly educated person would be used
and abused by illiterates like Jammeh. There was a reason why we asked
that you atleast have the decency to let us know who you are instead of
going around calling everybody bunch of idiots simply because their
views differ from yours.

Gambia-L is presumably a tribunal of public opinion and nothing like the
Hague. So take solace in that. Have no fear. I'm sure you've said things
that you regretted saying but you know, sometimes emotions get high and
being anonymous also makes you think you can get away with saying
certain things. But I gotta tell, it's a whole ball game now. You will
be forced to be mindful of what you can get away with now that all
cards are on the deck. Everything now boils down to accountability and
shall remain admissible in the court of law, so make no mistake about
that. That is infact the message we have been doggedly trying to paint
here, and we hope that those in hiding would learn from this incident
that you can run but you can't hide forever. That yes, people have
every right to remain anonymous but that should not give them the
luxury to make unfounded commentaries and usually irrepairable damages
in terms of character assasinations resulting from misguided, insidious
allegations on your part. Such is deem a very serious crime and the
perpetrator must be reprimanded for public misconduct or failure to
accept any self-imposed responsibilities and in other words being
cognizant of what it would be like to be meted out with the consequences
of public humiliations/outrage, for fear of risking one's reputation.
This has been the reason why most of us have repetitiously argued that
while it is issues that matter, the identities of those participating
in these issues shouldn't be taken for granted, and that we all see the
argument there but the overall concern warrants some form of
authenticity to say the least.

For what it's worth Papisco, I would like to take this moment to commend
Mr Pa Modou Gassama, formerly Kebba Jobe, for coming out of the cold and
out of his volition, decided to quit running around and hiding like a
complete idiot every 15 minutes. Some of us were actually out of gas.
But hey, when things get too far out of hand, we don't stoop to your
level. We go lower than that. I'm sure your fans would be disappointed,
but we really appreciate a little honesty, even if others fail to see
it that way.

Ebima Ceesay, what can we say? Even Mr Gassama gotta hand it to you for
a job well done on your investigative report. BTW, I just have one
question for you Ebrima ; what kind of fishing hook did you use to bait
this poor smug? I bet you could have fried him for supper but of course
we have a bigger fish to catch. Ain't that some shit! Keep up the good
work down there..

Back from Sewer L,
Prof Assan.

PS: Kebba Jobe, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say
will be used in the court of law. You have a right to an attorney and
should in case you can't afford one, the court will appoint one of the
dumbest lawyers our legal system can afford for you. Put your hands
where we can see it. Good, now turn around and lay on the pavement.
Wholly shit, it's Pa Modou Gassama. Let him go. I repeat, let him go.
You are free to go sir.