GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
khallyamat faal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:49:48 -0700
Fellow GLERS,
Ijust recently got information from fairly reliable
sources in The Gambia that during the student crisis,
the bucther of kanilai did rang the I.G.P. Rex King
from overseas instucting him to open fire on the
students.Rex was so shock that he pretended as if not
hearing or understanding the orders,he then put the
phone on chorus and got a tape working in the present
of some senior officers and the bucther of kanilai
reiterated the orders.
Deductions could be made from Rex`s attitude during
the crisis, he never left his office and left it to
his junior officers to carry out this callous
act.Obviously this does exonerate him because, he
could have been manly enough and disobey this illegal
order flatly and thereby avoid this sheding of blood
of innocent children.Though i must hasten to say that
he was distress and wanted to spill the beans during
the commission of inquiry but was warned.That was the
principal reason for his forced resignation.The good
thing about the whole scenario is that there were
witnesses and hopefully whenever Gambia returns to
normalcy,they could be able to testify to the effect.I
hope the present officers would understand that
executing illegal orders is no excuse and all this
illegal and criminal acts will oneday be revisited,the
perpetrators prosecuted within a climate of rule of
law.Members of the forces need not look far aback,
just remember what happen in Serbia recently,nobody
can stem the tide of the will of the people.The days
of dictatorship is over and certainly the dictators
are on the defensive.
Our beloved Gambia will be liberated oneday and infact
very soon.

           KHALLY AMAT FAAL

=== message truncated ===