GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:49:12 -0700
Hi folks,

The posting below is why I've always been calling this Jammeh government "Ngouri
chagga; kou joak jaarr chi."  From all indications, the list of hirings and firings
is by no means complete, and will certainly continue to grow for as long as we have
Jammeh at the helm.  What a way to run a nation ...

And briefly, I suggest that recent reports of the lifting of Decree 89 be seen as no
big deal.  The fact of the matter is that the Decree was itself criminal because it
denied people their fundamental human rights.  By repealing the Decree, President
Jammeh has again displayed his classic self:  deny people their rights, and give it
back to them as if you're doing them a favor.  It is precisely this mentality that
the nation, it's resources, and peoples' rights are play-things for President Jammeh
that is so disgusting about this government.  Needless to say, the attitude is helped
in no small way by the fact that President Jammeh has an endless pool of selfish, and
greedy hypocrites to pick and choose from to serve him.  How sad ...

I gotta go.  Have a great week, and best wishes.

Katim