GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 05:50:12 EST
Dear Ousou,

Ah catch amm well well for ground. My regards to Yandeh  and the rest of the
family. You are right, when one starts to "Fateleku" one can go on forever. I
remember the popular days of Super Eagles so well, and all the dances me and
my friends could only peek through the fence to enjoy.You guys had a pretty
good following  among the popular young ladies in our neck of the woods there
at Half Die.Those were the days, and I am glad to see a revival of your music
that brings such good memories. I was at a Yusu Ndure  event at the stadium
in '96 or '97, and Yusu  called Pap Touray onto the stage to do a few tunes.
I remember  then thinking how nice it would be to revive the band.
P.S: It just occurred to me that those guys at Marche Kermel in Dakar are
infact pirating those copies of the old Super Eagles and Ifangbondi tapes
they are or were selling?. If so, go  get them, although it would probably be
impossible to do. Anyway, they were nice guys, everytime they saw me coming,
they would say: C'est la Gambienne, and they would put the Super Eagles tapes
on because they knew I would buy one or two.
Good to hear from you.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 2/24/00 9:37:13 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]