GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fatoumata <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fatoumata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:23:53 +0100
Pa Nderry,
It is really sad to hear the difficulties you are having presently with the
ALLGAMBIAN management. I have to be honest with you, i have always loved
reading your articles, but with a wary eye. You are a good reporter and you
have succeeded in building up quite a successful reputation both in The
Gambia and abroad. However, you have not acquired the most important virtue
of a reporter: humility. If you were humble enough, all the critics that
were made against you, or the insults, or the accusation would not have
moved you an inch. The question you would have asked yourself was going to
be: *I must have done something really wrong to deserve this*. You should
not have insisted on the erroneous reports you were being fed by
unscrupolous people without confirming the sources or calling either Halifa,
OJ, Darboe or anyone directly associated with NADD. I am sure ALLGAMBIAN
could have provided such expenses if that was to have been the obstacle.
Remember all those who reacted are intelligent people with sound minds. Not
all of them shared your views but even those who did cautioned you to verify
the information you were forwarding. So people meant well and only wanted to
bring you back on your feet. I regret losing you and your wonderful reports.
I am sad to see you react this way against the criticism you recieved. You
should NEVER have :

   1. boasted like this: "..., mediocre critics of your calibre will
   never hinder my journalistic work, which is hailed globally". It is lack of
   humility.
   2. Mixed editorials with reports. The only editorial you forwarded was
   entitled:
      - WILL DARBOE ACCEPT OJ'S NOMINATION AS NADD FLAG BEARER?

but all the other articles were reports such as:

   - News Detail :Gambia: Darboe Must Heed Public Demand -
   - WE WANT NADD'S FLAG BEARER TO BE SELECTED BY PARTY LEADERS AND NO
   PRIMARIES-NADD YOUTH WING DEMANDED-AS TODAY IS D DAY FOR THE FINAL
   SELECTION!!!!!
   - AS NADD BRACES FOR MONDAY'S FINALE; B.B.DARBOE & SAIKOU SABALLY PULL
   STRINGS- Dr. NYAMBI TOURAY IS "EMISSARY OF DOOM."

The reason why I am taking the pain to highlight all this is to bring to
your attention the danger of mixing opinion and reporting. I wrote earlier
the danger of doing this and you choosed to ignore me.

I will quote all the relevnt expressions used here about you and your
reports and would love you to download/print it and read it over and over
again.

Your sis who means well for you!!!

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい