GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:34:00 EST

My friend Bailo, good to hear you again. But how come all you Obama heads
got your heads buried in cloud-cuchoo sand?? And you seem so  intelligent!!!!

"Haruna, My supposition is that Halifa doesn't want to show off his
handsomeness." Bailo.

You  mean "DID NOT" all those years. Why now though? Do you suppose if he
really  showed his true feelings, maybe PDOIS' fortunes would look up as far as
votes  are concerned? The wulli people worshipping Afros according to our
friend  Suntou is an aberration but just suppose PDOIS folk began to be genuine
Gambians, I mean one of us, do you suppose we will receive them as equals?  Or
are they really our equals??? So many questions, so little time.

"Your pal, John Edwards is a handsome man too." Bailo.

Alright what's the catch?? I know you too well Bailo. You cannot say
unequivocally that John Edwards is handsome and the best man for President  of these
Unanted Istates without following it with a bombshell. SO what's  the catch?

"I  also think that John would make an excellent choice as Obama's
running-mate  should the latter be able to ride pass the Clintons' quest for a third
term at  the White House." Bailo.

I  knew it. You got this backwords my dear. OBAMA will make a fair running
mate for  John Edwards. John Edwards will make a great running mate for Hillary
Clinton if  Black folk can get past their day-dreamings. Do you know who will
run an OBAMA  white-house??? Its time y'all wake up and smell the coffee
before its too late.  If OBAMA becomes president at this time, blacks will live to
regret it for their  entire life. If they think that life is sorry now, they
aint seen nuttin yet.  The days of settin on your fanny and expecting a knight
in shining armour to rid  you of your misery is OVER.

"Bill and Hilary seem so desperate to get back." Bailo.

Bailo, ifanang. Ikeebaayaatale. I beg of you, do not yield to listless
gossip and gaucherie. Ginny is crazy's all I can say. Can you believe someone
hating and slandering admittendly without reason? If that ain't crazy, I  don't
know what is.

"I  hope America is at least ready for a mixed raced President in the White
House.  Amen! I have a dream!" Bailo.

You  guys still don't get it. America, like the UK, France, Italy, Sweden,
Denmark,  Norway, and Australia etcetera, HAVE ALWAYS BEEN READY FOR MIXED-RACE,
 STRAIGHT-RACE, SKEWED-RACE candidates. For AMERICA, that just ain't BARACK
OBAMA  at this time. God I hope you guys don't let sentimentalism and
untethered and  listless hope confound you. At least not my Bailo and Moribolong. I may
have  lost Mr. Jobarteh already, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna lose you and
Ousman.

Please reconsider your unconditional attachment to Barack for President  of
America. If you don't like John Edwards, please support Hillary  Clinton.
Barack will make a great Secretary of State in either an Edwards or a  Clinton
Presidency. Then in 2012, he will have been ready to be President and  all of us,
including Edwards and CLinton will make sure he is President. Don't  go saying
that I think Barack needs more experience. NO THAT IS NOT what I'm  saying
and frankly I think Barack has enough experience to be President  somewhere.
Just not America. Barack will only be an effective President of  America in a
more benign atmosphere. Not Now. We got a lotta work to do in  America to right
the sails after my friend W leaves office. Barack is not  suitable for those
challenges. One reason is he does have some conflicts of  interest that will
malign his foreign policy. Two is he lives in fantasy land  about bringing
independents and republicans to join democrats and move the  country forward. Just
ask yourself, if independents, republicans, and democrats  were to join
together, would his administration be needed to do anything??? That  is the far side
of this fairy tale that our other friend Bill Clinton talks  about. In my
eyes, Duval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts will have gotten my  vote were he
to run for President at any time. I know he supports Barack. He has  a
different reason for doing that. Bailo, I don't want to go on and on for  God knows I
want Barack to get as many black votes as he could, but you guys  castigating
the Clintons and every body else for your support of Barack is  detrimental to
Barack himself. Don't get carried away by Ginny. You don't know  Ginny's
politique. Even she doesn't know her own politique quite well. No  comment on
Maria Del Sol. She will deal with her own unique deamons. And tell  joe to friggin
settle down. Anytime he opens his big mouth, you think the skies  are falling
and life's over. I don't know about you Bailo, but I intend to live  for
another year. I must say though that I agree with him this time about giving
idiots a pass. He's just too nervous for my sanity. He's the fear-monger Barack
keeps talking about. And of course my other friend John McCain. I didn't even
know that McCain cannot raise his two hands past his head. I always thought he
 was clowning around when he spread his arms wide as he raised them. Men. I
kinda  like his fight though, just like I love the fight in John Edwards.

Ok I gotta go now. My contractor knocks at the door. Masoud. MQJDT Darbo.  AL
Khairawan.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
I just saw a picture of Halifa without his Afro hair-do!!! Men  is he
beautiful. I don't know why in the world he would hide all this beauty  under
a wooly
Afro. Men. New Gambians!!! Check it our at  _www.senegambianews.com_
(http://www.senegambianews.com)

Suntou, did  you ever see Halifa without his Afro and don't you think he's
more handsomer  without it?

Haruna.

**************Start the year  off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To  unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
Web  interface

To  Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l
To contact the  List Management, please send an e-mail  to:
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい