GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saiks samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:29:11 PDT
Dear Ous and Malanding,

I do agree with you people that there is something to sense here but my
conclusions are some how different from yours.Calling for national unity  must
be a sincere call but by reading through the lines I found some hidden
agendas.Yes the party as a form of organization is out dated,it has proved to
be a manipulating tool for the intellectual to have a control over the ideas
of the masses and subject to countless forms of humiliations.But the critic of
the party by the July 22nd movement seems to be aiming at something else and
this is one party system were the APRC will be the sole
representative.Secondly,the objectives of the July 22nd movement seems to
indicate that we have a state within a state.We have seen that they are aiming
at taking over the assignment of law enforcing agents,thus they can arrest and
detain people based on their assumptions.This we have seen in the many
unlawful arrest and detention of opposition militants, members of  July 22 nd
movement have played active roles in many of these unlawful arrest and
detentions,this is fascism !!This press release have just documented the
unlimited powers of the July 22 nd movement.

By the way I did enjoy yours on the intellectual,keep on the good work.

For freedom
Saiks

Koto Malanding,
Thank you so much for that forwarding. I must admit that I am dismayed by
that piece. Whoever writes that piece showed a lot talent. As usual, we are
always better at making fine speeches, declarations and promises. It tells me
that the APRC is seeing its mistakes after five years in power and that is
very encouraging. I only hope that it may not become another mere fine art
and will be acted upon.
After years of restricting oppositional energies, it would be more than
welcoming by the opposition if acted upon. The trend of dictatorship as
called by them is declared unsystematically not accepted. What next? Or is it
just another July 22nd? I guess it is a wait and see.
Regards to Ya Anna and the whole family.

Ousman Bojang.