GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 18:59:34 +0100
                                    PROSE:- THREE ROUNDS WITH 'SHAYTAAN-Timbuktu!!!
                     By: Timbuktu
  When time knocks on the door so many voices answer but truth never leaps. Truth stays on the sides waiting for clarity. Clarity is an uncontrollable factor that either flies, crawls or simply appears when it decides to be seen, heard or felt. Usually there are words that creep into the minds of others as soon as time knocks on that door. Some minds magnetise prejudice whereas others are judgmental within a subjective circle of bitterness.

  Chey Tumbuktu, silence doesn't mean giving up, all along I knew what you were doing. Keep up the good work!!!
  Choosing or calling someone the best before clarity arrives may cause regret or rupture. In the past we received a convincing lesson from a learned good man. He said this with reference to the rich ideas of the prophet of Islam.
  "It was on a chilly dawn when a pious man woke up from his bed, ready to perform his dawn prayers at the mosque. He took bath to stay immaculate. He performed his ablution to stay immaculate then started a short journey towards the mosque. Unfortunately for him on the way to the mosque he fell down in a ditch. Everything on him became so dirty.
  The pious man never continued or got discouraged. He did not stop there either. He went home and then went through the same process. He left again taking the same route. As soon as he reached the ditch again he fell in it. Everything on him was dirtied for the second time. Sure the pious man went home again to do the same things. He came back with zeal and faith ready to accomplish his mission.
  For the third time, this man saw an image shining a torch for him near the ditch. The person with that torch was supposedly there to show him the way. This was highly appreciated by the pious man because he really did not want to miss the prayer time at dawn. In return the image that was there replied as follows..."I am Shaytaan! I did not shine this torch for you because I like what you are doing. I did it because I failed to stop you from going to pray on three good occasions....I wanted to ask you why you are so pious"?
  Does this mean Shaytaan was good or simply trying another method? I tend to believe in the latter.Shaytaan was trying another method. Knowing very well that the pious man was about to make it before the prayer time Shaytaan wanted to engage him on a conversation therefore finally waste his time! This is when clarity came. Clarity at that point was the loud call to prayer or the addhan. Shaytaan could not waste the pious man's time! As soon as he heard the caller he left Shaytaan there standing in despair and frustration. It is Shaytaan who lost not the pious man.Shaytaan lost time, energy and then missed a goal. This shows how Shaytaan can derail good people from reaching their lord or doing something good for one's people. This means the pious man was clean in and out. He was clean in the soul and was clean on the skin.
  For the Godly souls cleanliness is not simply practical(visible) it is also abstract. The one who has a clean soul is the one who recognises that God is in control. The one who recognises this powerful phenomenon from God appreciates everything God does. Appreciation can be defined in both subjective and objective ways. Appreciating what God ordained is not the same as accepting everything wrong from other people because God made them. Not at all. This is why one old man said this wolof.
  "Magg due Yallah waayenak Mo Yallah Yagga nagne"-this means the elder is not God however he or she has been with God for a long time" This saying is teaching us something so essential i.e. 'Magg' or elder in wolof could mean experience, It could also mean time. These are the proverbs that season some of us. This is why the faithful shun arrogance, this is why the faithful adore humility. Humility cannot be complete where one fails to realise that God is in control. No one else is in control of time or the essence of time, it is only God who has those powers.
  Let us say the truth, embrace one another and then help build a progressive Gambia! There are souls who call for peace and reconciliation in the absence of diagnosing the facts. This cannot be. Reconciliation can only take place where truth has been said.
  This is why Kocc Barma said..."Beuss du tooti borom laye tolol". this means there is no insignificant day every event matches those organising it. Our days shall ever be there to match what we do or believe in. The Gambia is a territory it is no one's property.

Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 (Archive on Tuesday, May 30, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return

          Current Rating:  5.00                        Rating:   5                Rating:   5

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい