GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Baboucarr sillah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:02:26 EST
Ebrima:

I like your lineup very well. However, I'll never pick Bill Badjie over
Garba because of Lamptey's(Ghana: I maybe be wrong on the name) number on
Bill and Garba's over-lapping abilities makes him a right choice in a 4/3/3
setting.

Also, from a discipline stand point, Essa should never start ahead of Aziz.
Essa has never been the ultimate team player. I would easily replace Essa
for even Joe Sambou's intellect and field awareness. This is the team of the
century and I think that's why every thing has to be taken into
consideration.

Not sure how well you follow baseball but its the same reason why a lot of
sport writers cried foul when Pete Rose was voted to the All-Century team
albeit been banned from the game for gambling and refused induction into the
Hall of Fame by the league.

With Louse, I simply think Star Jallow or even Saihou Sarr were better
work-horses (a six in football lingo)than him and therefore you need a real
organizer, its here that I think Musa Njie fits the bill.

Like I said this debate will continue beyond the scope of this forum and
emotions may be involved for sentimental favorites, but I am really enjoying
every single posting on this subject. And Yes, you know I remember Casori!!!

Thanks!

BTW: Bla Taal's email: [log in to unmask]