GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:38:19 -0500
(JNdey,(B
(J (B
(JMy appeal for the UDP/NRP to come back to NADD is by no means a declaration that we must spend all our energies on that issue. I made the necessary appeal as have others hoping only to kindle a higher sense of duty to country and to drive home the importance of keeping one's word, especially for aspiring leaders, and also because of my fear that the division may affect the chances of a NADD victory. Naturally, if they do not heed it, precious time will of course not be spent on that instead of helping NADD move forward. Infact, that would not even make any sense at all.(B
(J (B
(JHaving said that, I am also still hoping that even in the event that the UDP/NRP does not come back ot the alliance, the Gambian people will not be fooled by the APRC and their shallow politics and warped definitions of transparency, democracy, progress  etc etc nor by anyone whose actions clearly contributes to a possible Jammeh victory and will thrown their support behind NADD.(B
(J (B
(JTherefore, It is very encouraging to hear you say that people believe that NADD will still win a fair and free elections. NADD needs to make sure that they prevail upon President Obasanjo and the Commonwealth to ensure that a free and fair election will indeed take place as stated in the MOU all political parties signed; including the APRC, by having credible election observers and they need to make sure that any violations that may affect a free and fair election is documented and reported in a timely manner so something can be done about it before it si too late.(B
(JThe Gambian people need to realize that the time for them to take their own destiny in their own hands is here and they need to vote their conscience and support a candidate that will ensure that there are not only temporary fixes based on election time promises and thn back to the same old drawing board.(B
(J (B
(JGambians see their children without jobs or a future and they experience the daily hardships that the mis-rule of the APRC has brought them. They need to know that a good government can alleviate those problems and make life better for everyone, regardless of their political affiliationan on a permanent basis as opposed to just a few people paying homage to some self centered politicians and their lying cronies while the majority of Gambians continue to suffer.(B
(JOur problems in the country are many and unless people learn that paying homage to a politician will not solve them in the long run, things will remain the same.(B
(J (B
(JJabou Joh(B
(J (B
(J-----Original Message-----(B
(JFrom: Ndey Jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>(B
(JTo: [log in to unmask](B
(JSent: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:36:12 +0000(B
(JSubject: Re: Ss. Daffeh : Jabou(B

(JJabou, (B
(J (B
(JI completely agree with you but the fact still remains that there is no time to spend on trying to reconcile NADD with the defectees. If NADD has to spend all its energy on this then we are also in for another AFPRC victory and this we cannot take chances. If UDP/NRP still wants to come , i guess it is not too late for them. I guess if they were prepared for negotiations and they really have the interest of the nation at heart they would have resolved this among themselves. Gambians are very clear and dissapointed in this spilt and to avoid more votes for the AFPRC, NADD has to focus on the electorates. I have more hope in NADD bury the AFPRC than reconciling with UDP/NRP. I might be proven wrong but this is what i am seeing on the ground. This is more of selfishness than anything no matter what one wants to call it. (B
(J (B
(JSidebeh said it very clear "The "confusion" we are seing now is the disorientaion of this class of politicians, who eventuallymsut have to find a home." (B
(J (B
(JYes, people are disapointed but they still believe that NADD can win the election if it is fair and free. People's worry are to do with how fair and free the election will be. (B
(J (B
(JLiving standard here is very high, transportation is very high a lots of school graduates are peddling the streets without job. So, the problem and situation at home is bigger than just UDP/NRP. (B
(J (B
(JI will still urged all Gambians abroad to start their campaign to get their families, friends, etc to vote for NADD. If we can't vote we can get our people back home to vote for NADD and this should be our focus. (B
(J (B
(JThe Struggle Continues!!! (B
(JNdey Jobarteh (B
(J (B
(JTo unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface (B
(Jat: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html (B
(J (B
(JTo Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l (B
(JTo contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: (B
([log in to unmask] (B

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい