GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Madiba Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:42:29 -0800
Hehehehehehe........

Madiba.

Tavis Smiley's New List

What Black people need to do now, not to worry about stem cell research
or cloning, cause they ain't thinking about us .

What Black people need to do now, invest in businesses in Harlem while
Clinton is still there and then sell it before Hilary moves his behind
back to Manhattan.

What Black people need to do now, support Iylanya and Ananda the way
that white folks supported Rosie.

What Black people need to do now, stop wearing Capri pants when your
ankles look like you been kicking white flour. (Now that's ashy)

What Black people need to do now, is realize there is a difference
between being Ghetto and being tasteless, there is a difference y'all.

What Black people need to do now, recognize that Spike Lee and Keenan
Ivory Wayan's true legacy might not be in filmmaking but in discovering
talent and granting opportunities. I challenge you to look at the resumes
these guys have put forth for Black America and America to consider.

What Black people need to do now, be afraid right now of the next
Eminem.

What Black people need to do now, don't let white America hold Jesse
Sr.'s infidelity against Jesse Jr.'s burgeoning career, can't let that
happen folks.

What Black people need to do now, keep supporting FUBU, Sean John and
Phat Farm, I think this plan is working.

What Black people need to do now, somebody please find Starr Jones a
man.

What Black people need to do now, after the Gospel+ Slide, we need to
stop it right there y'all...we done gone too far now.

What Black people need to do now, recognize that Jill Scott might be the
Maya Angelou of our generation and hope that white folks don't try to
steal her from us.

What Black people need to do now, stop aspiring to Harvard while good
schools like Howard and Hampton are still open.

What Black people need to do now, wonder why every color M&M's have
gotten a commercial except the brown ones (Hidden Racism).

What Black people need to do now is stop calling our two-year-old kids
smart and cute just because they know the words to the nasty songs on
the videos. (high five that one!)

What Black people need to do now, stop going on job interviews dressed
like you going to a party.

What Black people need to do now, stop trying to win money on those
survival type games on TV, just like in the movies we are always the
first ones to get voted out. Get real y'all.

What Black people need to do now, they need to know as much about
investing in the stock market as we do about all the characteristics of
the Zodiac signs. Ask average Black folk what the NASDAQ is, they don't
know nothing, but tell them you're a Scorpio and they will give you the
low down!!!

What Black people need to do now, need to get their bank accounts and
credit cards out of the red instead of walking around with all their
teeth covered in gold - especially if you're still riding the bus and
living at 'yo Momma house.'

What Black people need to do now, need to stop naming our kids after
liquor and expensive cars, 'I've had enough of that.

What Black people need to do now, need to stop getting mad when their
boss tells them to get off the phone at work and you've been on a
two-hour personal phone call.... Why you mad about that?

What Black people need to do now, need to learn how to dab just a little
cologne and not the whole bottle.

What Black people need to do now, turn down the volume down on our TV's
and CD players so we can stop walking around talking so loud all the
time.

What Black people need to do now, stop spending 40 to 50 million dollars
to build a church and you walk outside on the same street stepping over
homeless folks. Can I get a witness!!!