GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Paul M. Ceesay" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 11:54:22 -0500
To all,
         The fact that Joseph Joof and his team came and represented
the  APRC was a positive step forward. At least, I can sense reaching out
and wanting to have a dialogue with all of us. The UDP never showed up and
this is the major political group we all want to embrace and trust.
Moreover, we are putting our hopes in them. I am thinking and pondering at
the same time what was their motives for turning down this great
opportunity and didn't even bother to send someone to represent on behalf
of the leadership of UDP. I agreed why Mr. Mballow was not asked to
represent without authorization from UDP.
People, we do not have to be hostile to ask questions especially important
questions. It becomes nonsense when we shift from the central idea to
individual frustration, anger and personal attacks. I don't share those
views. Many people were disappointed for the missed opportunity because we
lost our poise. I am a strong advocate of speaking what's on my mind but I
have to be tactful too. Those other people have the same rights like we do,
to choose not to take any personal insults and therefore we once again miss
great opportunities of intellectual communication in trying to achieve our
goals.
         I am giving the D.C organizers for trying and somehow succeeding.
Thank you for all your efforts James, Latjor and the rest of the crew. I
encourage you all to continue doing what's best for all. It is not easy
task to be leaders. No matter what you do, some will criticize your actions
and efforts. If by any chance you are not satisfied with the output, then
learn from it, move on  and do something better in the future.At 01:41 AM
5/30/01 +0000, you wrote:

>Ous,
>
>          That is true, but the ability to control and tame a hostile
> audience; have dignity and composure are some of the most important
> characteristics a leader should possess.  Lack of such abilities is why
> Joseph is not fit to be a leader.
>Thanks for your reply.
>
>Ramatoulie
> >From: Ousman Jallow Bojang
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >Subject: Re: ALD Symposium
> >Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:06:52 EDT
> >
> >Ramatoulie,
> >I certyainly agree with you. Not everyone has that ability though.
> >Thanks,
> >Ousman Jallow Bojang.

> >if you have problems accessing the web interface and remember to write
> your full name and e-mail address.
>[log in to unmask] if you have problems accessing the
>web interface and remember to write your full name and e-mail address.

Paul M. Ceesay
Laboratory Storekeeper
University of Missouri-KC
Spencer Chemistry Bld.