GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:11:31 EST
List members,
                      I'd like to invite all of you to the newly created UDP
website which the party is officially unveiling as of this posting. The
purpose of the site is to serve as a platform for the party to address in
very general terms it's ideas and vision for The Gambia. But perhaps most
importantly, the awesome opportunities that this electronic medium provides
viz-a-viz interaction, instant communication means the UDP can seek the
support and solicit the advice of a broader spectrum of the population. Ours
is a very fragile and increasingly endangered democracy that requires the
steadfast participation of it's citizens to see it through these very trying
times. One of the features of this site would be a regular appearance  for a
live discourse with an internet audience by party leaders. It would be an
unmoderated exchange during which ideas can be looked at and issues raised.
To help me make arrangements for these live appearances, I would appreciate
it if list members can send  me private mail at [log in to unmask]  saying what
days or times would best fit their schedule. An informal survey I conducted
revealed most would prefer a Friday evening. I would defer to the day and
time the majority suggest. Ofcourse all live appearance from Gambia are
subject to electricity availability.

I hope delving into interactive politicking would  not only be good for the
UDP but it would also be a positive step in building and nurturing a
transparent and vibrant democracy that  would bring forth the kind of
leadership that is worthy of our people. I hope you would find the site
useful.  I look forward to seeing you all at WWW.UDPGAMBIA.ORG.

THANKS
 Karamba