GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 18:09:02 -0500
Well, what can I say abuot this, except that this is an extremely
unfortunate incident.  And that is to me not quite enough to describe it.
     It seems that the only way to resolve the situation in Ivory Coast at
this point would be to have new and openelections, so that the people do not
feel that the government has been elected/installed by illegal means.
     Obviously, even though the military government has been driven out,
there are many people who still are not satisfied with things as they stand
now.
Ginny