GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:06:59 -0500
The opposition should read from this (Sedat Jobe) speech that Yaya and his
cohorts are running scared. They know they cannot defend their despicable
actions. The time is ripe for us to force Yaya and his gang of bandits out.
These vermin are still insisting that they do not want to prosecute Ousman
Badgie and the other killers roaming the streets of Banjul. They have again
shown their hand. Where is Joseph Joof? He was a member of a commission that
among other things, found that Ousman Badgie is a murderer. I guess now
Badgie is his best pal. As we keep saying, these prostitutes cannot help us.
We have to also show them that we do not accept their idea of
'reconciliation'. Where were buzz words like 'restraint' when Yaya gave the
order for the students be massacred? Where was Sedat Jobe then and what is
Sedat Jobe doing about the children that are suffering in their hospital
beds at RVH?

They know they cannot fight the Gambian people and that is why they are now
running with their tales between their legs. It is time to pounce on them.
Who the hell does Sedat Jobe think he is talking to? This is their idea of
reconciliation: 'Yaya, Ousman Badgie et al will not be prosecuted. They will
go scot-free and would not be punished for the most heinous crime ever
committed in Gambian history. The quid pro quo for the Gambian people is
that the students that 'caused' D16 million worth of property damage will
also not be prosecuted'.

I could feel my blood boiling as I write the despicable terms of this
diabolical proposal. To make matters worst, Yaya and Sedat Jobe have to also
send us some veiled threats as well. These people just cannot help
themselves. They have to also rub it in by telling us that if Gambians dare
reject this callous deal, they will plunge the country into anarchy; like
Guinea and Sierra Leone.

These low-lives do not cease to amaze we. The Gambian citizens should
repudiate Yaya and his cohorts and ask them to go to Hell with their deal.
Their fabrication of D16 million worth of damage cannot be traded for the
lives of more than a dozen innocent Gambian children. Nothing less than
Ousman Badgie's head will do. That is the starting point. The next time I
hear  whining about property damages, I will puke. Who do these people think
they are fooling? Pap Cheyassin Secka already took these children to court
and failed to convict them. So this government is not even giving us what
they are purporting to offer us. I remember Mam Yassin Sey ruling against
the AG on several occasions when Secka attempted to jail these students. So
it is a blatant lie on the part of the government to pretend that they are
being magnanimous with the students. On the other hand, Ousman Badgie has
never been arrested and charged with murder. As a matter of fact, he went to
the bogus commission of inquiry and contemptuously told blatant lies, with
impunity. So Sedat Jobe et al are comparing apples and oranges.

We say NO to Sedat Jobe and Yaya. The murderers of our children have to be
punished. We are tired of their threats. Enough is enough. If they do not
want another Sierra Leone, let them leave us in piece. A moron like Yaya has
nothing to offer us except misery. Cowards like Sedat Jobe who do not even
have the guts to tell Yaya that the massacre of our children is
indefensible, also do not deserve to lead us.
KB