GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Amadu Pembo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:49:53 +0000
FROM THE MINBAR OF THE TWO HOLY MOSQUES IN MAKKAH AND MADINA

(Friday, January 3, 2003)

ISLAM, A TOWERING, DEEP-ROOTED TREE: IMAM OF MAKKAH HARAM

The Imam and Khateeb of the Two Holy Mosques in Makkah and Madina urged
Muslims to be pious and win the favors of Allah Almighty through good deeds
and refrain from committing sins.

IN MAKKAH
The Imam and Khateeb of the Grand Mosque in Makkah Sheikh Dr Abdul Rahman
Bin Abdul Aziz Al Sudais in his Friday Sermon spoke about the merits and
good qualities of Islam and said Muslim to day need to know more than ever
before the true and good qualities of their religion in order to face the
hostile and misguided campaigns against Islam, its Prophet (Sallallaaho
alaihi wa sallam) and the Muslim Ummah.
The tendentious and fierce anti-Islam campaigns must be countered by sound
logic and cogent evidence for a better understanding of (our religion) by
the international community and for peace and stability to prevail in the
world so that the whole humanity enjoys a better life and head to a
prosperous future.
He described Islam as a towering tree with its roots deeply embedded, which
has numerous twigs and branches that cannot be shaken by the strongest of
winds and storms, and yet its sweet fruits are within the reach of everyone,
and its shade extends to everybody. The Islamic faith connects human beings
with the one and only Allah, the Creator of the Universe. It is a simple and
pure faith, devoid of philosophical polemics and logical complications. Its
essence being total devotion to the eternal God Who has no associates and
besides Whom no one is worthy of being worshiped.
"He is the First without a beginning and the Last without an end,” he said.
Islam is the sum total and the quintessence of all heavenly religions and
divine faiths which have been merged in the message sent down to Prophet
Muhammad (Sallallaaho alaihi wa sallam). “It contains all the principles and
fundamentals that meet the needs of humanity everywhere and at every time,’
Sheikh Sudais said.
“It enjoins Muslims to believe in all prophets of Allah,” he added. In the
Holy Qur’an Allah says: “Say: “We believe in Allah, and in what has been
revealed to us and what was revealed to Ibrahim, Ismail,, Ishaq, Yaqub and
the tribes, and in (the Book) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from
their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among  them, and
to Allah do we bow our will (In Islam)” (Qur’an: 3:84)
“Islam is thus a perfect religion that promotes tolerance and justice among
mankind. Why then (has the world embarked on) a blind hostile campaign
against it?
“Failure of some Muslim to adhere to the tenets of Islam is not because of
certain shortcoming in the faith. Islam, like any other religion,is not to
be blamed if some of its followers fail to live up to its teachings. Even
so,the tendentious and wicked campaigns go as far as implicating the Prophet
of Islam with outrageous characteristics in newspaper cartoons and
articles.”
“The followers of Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaaho alaihi wa sallam) strongly
condemn the attacks on his person and the racist stereotyping of all Muslims
in an attempt to belittle their religion, and incite world’s public opinion
against them.” he said.
IN MADINA
The Imam and Khateeb of the Prophet’s Mosque, Sheikh Dr Hussein Bin Abdul
Aziz Al-Sheikh, in the Friday Sermon spoke about what could be the
consequences of committing sins and wrongdoings.
“Every evil in this life and the life to come is brought about by the
commission of sins and evil deeds, which takes away and wipes out blessing
of Allah and invite his wrath. “Sins and wrongdoing bring calamities and
disgrace to the individual and groups. They affect the body and heart, and
cause misfortunes and suffering in this life and the life after death,” he
said.
“Sins committed by individuals and groups affect the whole society because
they prevent Allah’s graces and blessing from reaching His Slaves, which
lead to the spread of poverty. The Prophet (Sallallaaho alaihi wa sallam) of
Islam said that a person deprives himself of good fortune and sustenance by
virtue of the sins he commits,” Sheikh Hussein said. “A life of sins is not
only a cause of inviting Allah’s wrath and punishment, but it also earns a
person disgrace in the eyes of other people. When sins and wrongdoings
become widespread in a Muslim society, then that society becomes a subject
of humiliation and insults from others.” he concluded.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^END^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
Da’wah is to convey the message with wisdom and with good words. We should
give the noble and positive message of Islam. We should try to emphasize
more commonalities and explain the difference without getting into
theological arguments and without claiming the superiority of one position
over the other. There is a great interest among the people to know about
Islam and we should do our best to give the right message.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous
Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May
Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .
We ask Allaah the Most High, the All-Powerful, to teach us that which will
benefit us, and to benefit us by that which we learn. May Allaah Subhanahu
Wa Ta'ala grant blessings and peace to our Prophet Muhammad and his family
and
companions..Amen.