GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"MUSA A.PEMBO" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:02:10 -0800
FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN

MAKKAH AND MADINA

(Friday, February 23, 2001)

MUSLIMS URGED TO CLOSE RANKS, ADHERE TO

QUR'AN AND SUNNAH

The Imams and Khateeb of the Two Holy Mosques in Makkah and Madina, urged Muslim to be pious and work for the well being of the Muslim Ummah, especially in the current holy months of the pilgrimage.

IN MAKKAH

Sheikh Dr Saud Bin Ibrahim Al-Shereim, Imam and Khateeb at the Grand Mosque in Makkah in his Friday sermon this week (February 23, 2001) called on Muslims to close their ranks and avoid dissention, and protect the life, honor and property of each other. He said the rules for the mutual protection of Muslims were set forth by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)) during his farewell pilgrimage, which was the first and last pilgrimage he performed. The Prophet, who was accompanied by thousands of men, excluding women and children on that Haj, delivered a sermon to his followers saying, "your honor, life and property are sacrosanct upon you," he pointed out.

Sheikh Shereim said Islam has honored women, and made man guardian over woman in order to protect her. A woman was made to receive half of the inheritance a man gets, and her testimony was to be counted as half of that of man, he said, pointing out that was not intended to demean her but rather it was a fulfillment of her role as a nursing mother and raiser of the young, her characteristic traits being decency, chastity and staving at home.

He advised Muslims to unite and adhere to the holy book of Allah which is the spirit of life and the light that guides, and any one who does not adhere to it is not alive even if he talked and worked, and any one who does not believe in it is lost.

IN MADINA

The Imam and Khateeb of the Prophet's Mosque in Madina Sheikh Hussein Bin Abdul Aziz Al-Sheikh, in his Friday sermon spoke about the virtues and objects of Haj (pilgrimage) and said it is a fulfillment of God's attributes through worship and devotions. It is a most sublime object, a most noble decree and the purest of benefits.

Referring to Tawaf (circumambulation) around Ka'aba, he said the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) reportedly touched only the two southern corners of the Ka'aba by hand during Tawaf. It is also lawful to kiss and touch the Black Stone, but if it is impossible to kiss because of overcrowding, touching and kissing the hand will do, and if that is impossible, it can either be touched by an instrument and kissed, or just point to it and say the Takbeer once whenever adjacent to it. The Southern (Yemeni corner) is to be only touched by the hand.

Sheikh Al-Sheikh said the Sa'e (walking) between Safa and Marwa is also a basic element of Haj and Umrah, the purpose being the re-enactment of the effort of Hager (Hazrat Hajeera, wife of Prophet Ibrahim Alaihissalam) and her son (Prophet Ishmael) between the two hills of Safa and Marwa until God guided them to Zamzam water.

Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) sayings:(Hadith)

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it. (Hadith Qudsi)

The Holy Qur'an says:

Behold! Safe and Marwah are among the symbols of Allah. So if those who visit the house in the season or at other times. Should compass them around. It is no sin in them. And if any one obeyed his own impulse to good, be sure that Allah! Is he who recognizant and knouted. Those who conceal the clear (sings) We have send down, and the guidance, after we have made it clear for the people in the book, on them shall be Allah's curse of those entitled to curse. Except those who repent and make amends and openly declare (The Truth); to them I turn; for I am Oft-Returning, most merciful. (2;158 -160)

DU'A (Invocations)

Oh Allah! With your blessing, we enter the morning and with your blessing, we enter the evening, with your blessing we live and die, and unto you is the Reawakening.

Oh Allah! You are my Lord; there is no god but you. You created me and Iam your slave. I Keep your covenant, and my pledge to you so far as I am able, I seek refuge in you from the evil of creation I recognize my misdeeds. Forgive me, for there is none who may forgive sin but you.

Oh Allah! I have entered a new morning and call upon you and upon the bearers of your throne, upon your angels and all creation to bear witness that surely you are Allah, there is no partners, and that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is your slave and you messenger.

Allah! Is sufficient for me. I have placed my trust in him; he is lord of the majestic throne.

Oh Allah! Knower of the unseen and the evident, maker of the heavens and the earth, lord of all and it is possessor, I bear witness that there is no god but you. I seek refuge in you from the evil of my soul and from the evil of Satan and his helpers. (I seek refuge in you) from bringing evil upon my soul and from harming any Muslims.

In the name of Allah! Who by his name harms noting in the earth nor in the heavens, he is the hearer, the knower of all things.

86* I am placed with Allah as my lord, with Islam as my religion, and with Mohammed as my prophet.

Oh ever living one, oh Eternal one, by your mercy I call on you to set right all my affairs. Do not place me in charge of my soul even for a moment.

We have entered a new day and with it all creation enters the dominion of Allah, lord of the world. My Lord, I ask you for the goodness of this day for it is help and it is victory, for it is light, for it is blessings, and for it is guidance. I seek refuge in you from the evil that is in it from the evil that follows it.

We have entered the new day in the faith of all creation, in the word of absolute belief, in the religion of Mohammed. And in the nation of our father Ibrahim. Pure in faith and submission, he never worshipped any other than Allah.

Spread the Message of Allah