GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Samba Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:44:03 +0200
Assalaamu alaikum brother Tombong,
Alhamdullilah, (Praise due to Allah alone).
(There is no power and mighty except by Allah!)
Thank you for your information. I read it very carefully. Your effort is
highly appreciated.

I want you also to extend my message to his Excellency the president. I will
be very greatful if you can do this favour for me.
I swear to the Almighty Allah! it was my plan to sit down with his
Excellency FACE to FACE, but i cannot longer afford to be silent and wait
for that day, and am not sure whether i could get the chance or not, but as
far as the technology is getting more advance that we could comminicate to
each other.

I am not talking about politics only, my subject is beyond politics.

A REMINDER TO THE PRESIDENT:

Your Excellency i would like to take this opportunity to have dialogue with
you.
As a muslim, Allah! Said that before making any judgement to any one try to
have proves and evidence. I think that i have many proofs, and evident,  I
have AFPRC speeches from your election victory celebration and the oppening
of the airport. Which was in 1996.

If Tombong can provide this tapes for you:
The election victory, the oppening of the new air port and the Rebels that
attacked the Farrafenni Barracks
in 1996.

I have this tapes with me. These tapes are my evidence and if you dont mind
i would like you to have the Holy Qur àn also with you and follow my
message.

We might find the cause of this tragic, if you follow me very carefull, and
not by heart. Opon your mind and listen very carefully.

I would like to start with the fair Justice you did with those rebels.
Do you remember Friday 8th of November 1996, when Essa Baldeh, Omar Dampha,
Sulayman Sarr, Mbalo Kanteh and Yaya Drammeh wanted to take over your
government. You showed the public live programme about the insident and let
all journalist and some soldiers to asked all kind of questions, they went
to the extend to asked  some of the rebels that if they are honest to
themselves what penelty do they deserved. The rebels answer all the
questions that they asked and still the journalist want them to be the lawer
and at the same time to judge themselves.

Your Excellency I want to know whether is it only these five rebels that
deserved this kind of justice?

Why you dont imposed the same kind of justice to those people who you say
that they were trying to overtrown your government.

I think they should come to the media also, and all those who took the lives
of others.

What is the used of the television???

Your Excellency 1996 was a good year for you in the Gambia, because most of
the gambians were proud of you, because of the changes you had made in the
country.

Your Excellency do you remember your election victory were the student and
soldiers ran from Birkama to Banjul for your sake, and you stood in your
pajero with joy and happiness.
The feelings of the gambians that day was fantastic, no one can discribed
those feelings,all what I heard from the crowed was:
(we need Yaya Jammeh)

Your Excellence do you remember the day you stood at the July 22nd Square
and said: Now the election is over, we want to work for the country, for
those who want to join us, you are welcome, but if you dont want to work for
the country and you want to stop those who want to work for the
country,(Billaahi, Wallaahi Tallaahi) I swear to The Almighty Allah! we will
killed you. All the public claps for you, that time they were innocent about
what is going to happen in the future.

You also said that let the oppositions stop the insulting, because we have
to respect each other, if you dont want that I swear you will die.
All the crowd claps their hands for you.
That was a big threat to the people and most of them dont know, because they
love you and show you all the love they have for you.

Your Excellency do you remember the day you opened the International
Airport, the smilling faces that day no one can discribed that atmosphere.
The late Alieu Sallah (may his soul rest in peace)
was praising you so much.
He sacrifies his life to support you 100% by telling the people that you are
the best person to vote for.
I wonder if he was still alive to witness this tragic, how would he feel,
how about if his child was one of the victims.

The opening of the New Airport you started with the name of Allah!
Bismillaahir rahmaanir Rahiim
Al-Hamdullilahi Rabbil- Alamiin,
Al-Hamdullilahi Rabbil- Alamin
Al-Hamdullilahi Rabbil -Alamin

You said that the reason why you start with this words is because there were
many skeptics about your plans, they think that it is just a mire
properganda and is impossible, even the gambian civil authurity for ministry
of works and comminication dont believed that it could be possible. You
proved them wrong.

You said that you want to make something clear for every gambian that there
is only one Supreme power and that is The Almighty Allah!
The public claps their hands for you, because you really touched them when
you mention Allah! and the faith you show`s them.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

You said that money cannot come any were else than from Allah! Allah is your
World Bank.
The public claps again for you, and the late Alieu Sallah praise Allah! by
saying (Allahu Akbarr) and to showed the public how much he likes you.

You said that some people even asked why the need for a ultral modern
terminal building,
some people says that you were seeking for your own interest.

You said that not even the cattle will question why a terminal building is
nesesary much more the people that will represent the electorate.

So next time know who you are going to vote for!!!

Your Excellency you always used to make one thing clear, that the risk that
AFPRC took for their lives and make the country a better place and to make
gambians a proud people. No body except Allah can denied from that, no
matter your philosophical politic is Democracy or Deremocracy I will tell
you that the (revolution will never be compromise).
The public claps for long time.

But I think they did not get the message clearly.

You said that you are not going to compromised the security of the country
true the name of Democracy.

You said that there is no Democracy in the world.
The type of Democracy we know is that we most sweet.
If any body want to distroyed this country in the name of Democracy (you
will be buried) with your own Democracy.
The public claps again for you.

That was another threat also.

You said to the people to listen to you very carefully that your Democracy
is very simple:
Do what is right, work for the development of the country and for your own
developement.
if you dont want that please leave the country and go and stay in the bush.

You said that anybody who want to put opstacles on your way you will
(distroyed them with their supporters). They clap for you again.

That was a threat again which is not good for the society, Mr. president.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

You said that Banjul International Airport is a mirrow of the country not
only the atraction, but it will also help in increasing the contribution of
productive sector like domestic product and to make tourism paradise. If you
think that the building of this airport is waist of money, please dont come
to the airport when you are travelling used the desert.
The public laught and claps for you.

The architecture of the Internation Airport, Mr. Piere Kujabie had said that
the meaning of this building is Unity.
UNITY IS ALL THIS BUILDING IS ABOUT.
Together when you hold hands, that`s unity.
The image of the building is like two people in a `Bubu` handing and shaking
hands it means that when you shake hands in unity you will stand.
He also said that it means more than that it looks like flying birds.
United you can all fly like birds for your future and the development and
the well being of the people of the Gambia. Says the Architecture Piere
Kujabie.

I think Mr. president you miss the whole point, about the meaning of the
airport. Because what the architecture is trying to say is we should be
united.

Is there any unity in the Gambia??? Mr. president.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

You built an arch also infront of the capital which is so wonderful, when
people are coming to Banjul the first thing they see is a soldier, called
the unknown soldier
having a baby on his right arm, and give a sign of peace. Which show`s that
the soldier are there for the youths and to protect the country and the
people.

That is the opposite of what happened the 10 of April 2000. Which gambians
will never forget.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

Yes you built schools also.
what do you think today that the student can concentrate in their schooling
with your regime
THE BUTCHERS.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

Yes you built hospitals also.
Most of the student are laying in your hospitals today with serious
inguries, because of your BUCHERES

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

Yes you built so many Mosque.
Is it for people to worship Allah alone, or is it for people to fear you,
because you are so pious and the way you dressed yourself, or is it the way
you talk to the people to fear you. It could be dangerous with you Mr.
president;;;
The evil do`ers are with you working hand in hand with you.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

Yes! you went to Mekkah and took so many people to Mekkah. Do you understand
the message that a Muslim should go to Mekkah once in his lifetime, if
he/she CAN AFFORT IT.
Do you teach those people you send to Mekkeh how to be a good muslim.

Dont tell the people to fear Allah! and you dont show them good example`s.

Why I said this is since the AFPRC took over, people are dieing
unnessarilly, yes! people were dieing before you took over, and we will all
die, no doubt about it, but we can see the difference between the Jawara
regime and you regime which is the best, you dont need to explain to us. We
heard that people are killing people with out any good reasons.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

The piousness you are showing to the people,
and real piousness is not inside you.
You know yourself better than I do, but
I could tell you, something is missing with your piousness.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

AFPRC you all know that is not your powers that make you took over the
Gambia. You all know that, because we could see it the way you dressed
yourself like a muslim and in your speech you mentioned Allah`s name, read
the Book and try to understand it very carefully, so that you can rule the
country if you really fear Allah!
You can closed people mouth in the gambia, but not every were.
Fear Allah! because you are going to be accounted by Allah! the Almighty and
no one will escape that day, only those who really fear Allah! both
practical and spiritually, will be successful that Day.

Your Excellency you said that the world is three days: Yesterday, Today and
Tomorrow. Which is obsalutely correct.

AFPRC do you remember the day you took over the country in a bloodless
coupe, you new 100% it was with the helped of Allah!,
that was Yesterday, Today, you all see with your own eyes that the people
are angree because of the way you are rulling this country is not fair.

Your Excellency the mejority of the gambians are very angree with you, and
dont make it more worse, because it could be dangerous.We all see what
happened in Freetown, Brundi, Rwanda and other country, because of anger.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

Your Excellency you got to stop this right now before it is too late, if the
anger countinue, people will not fear the bullets.
You have the weapons and the security is in your,
so do what is right before your time is out!!!

AFPRC you all know that this life is TEMPORAL is not going to last. And I
think you believe in the life after...
Take your Qur `an and follow me I will direct you where Allah! is calling
our attention about this life and the here after. The Qur `an explained
every thing.
The Qur àn is a complet way of life, because Allah! Send the prophets with
the guidience for mankind, which is a complete way of life.

Allah has given every person the capacity to discern good from evil and the
conscience of every man knows and feels this. it is said that to treat well
and with other people is a form of worship the purpose of all worship, where
a man submits before Allah! he has to have good manners.
When a person performs a deed which gives him happiness and peace, we can
safely understand that it is a good deed, and in accordance with nature.
Similary if we feel sad of repentant at some deeds we can assume that it is
sinful. A person can decide this by appeal to his conscience. Seek peace of
the heart and stay away from restlessness so that life may bloom and be
pleasant.

(Hell is covered by lusts and Heaven is covered with difficulties ).

Let us believe in Allah and try to do his command.

Because the subject of mans after life is not confined to philosophical and
logical speculation but has a bearing on the practical and moral life of man
kind.

A person who believes in resurrection and the hereafter is inculcated with a
sense of responsibility and accountability believes all his actions to be
accountable he leaves the path of tyranny and becomes God-fearing such a
person by believing in the last judgement makes him self responsible and
feels he is answerable for his deeds.

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

Do you remember  the late Samuel Doo, General Abarcha, Hitler and others
with all their powers, were are they now???

Do you remember Eddi Amin from Uganda, George Bush, Ronald Regan and others
were is all the power they were showing off???

Fear Allah! Mr. president;;;

May God! bless you and the gambia and guide us from Satan the evil, and LEAD
us form the Straight Part.....Ameen!!!!!

Allahummasalli alaa saidina Muhammadin wa alaa alli Muhammadin.

Samba Goddard
(Pulo)

> 16TH APRIL, 2000. Tombong Saidy Wrote:
>
> STATEMENT TO THE NATION
>
> BY PRESIDENT JAMMEH ON THE STUDENTS' DEMONSTRATION
> OF 10TH & 11TH APRIL, 2000
>
> BISI - MILLAHI ARAHMANI
>
> FELLOW CITIZENS
>
> MY TASK TODAY IS INDEED A VERY DIFFICULT ONE, AS IT IS WITH THE DEEPEST
> FEELING EVER OF IMMENSE DISTRESS AND UTMOST GRIEF THAT I ADDRESS THE
NATION
> ON THE UNFORTUNATE AND TRAGIC STUDENTS' DEMONSTRATIONS THAT OCCURED LAST
> MONDAY AND TUESDAY. ON THESE TWO DARK DAYS IN OUR COUNTRY'S HISTORY, THIS
> NATION SUFFERED IRREPARABLE LOSS OF LIVES AND INCALCULABLE DAMAGE TO
> PROPERTIES.  MOST REGRETABLE IS THE UNTIMELY DEATH OF THE 12 YOUNG PEOPLE
> AND THE LARGE NUMBER OF WOUNDED. I THEREFORE WISH TO TAKE THIS SAD
OCCASION
> TO JOIN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE
OF
> THE GAMBIA AND THAT OF MY FAMILY, TO EXTEND DEEPEST CONDOLENCES AND
> HEARTFELT SYMPATHY TO BEREAVED PARENTS, FAMILIES, RELATIVES, FRIENDS,
> CLASSMATES AND LOVED ONES OF OUR DEPARTED CHILDREN. LET US ALL PRAY THAT
THE
> ALMIGHT ALLAH RECEIVES THEIR SOULS AND GRANT THEM ETERNAL REST. LET US
ALSO
> PRAY FOR THE SICK AND WOUNDED, TO RECEIVE ALLAH'S SPEEDY HEALING AND
> RECOVERY. WE MUST OFFER PRAYERS ALSO FOR THE BEREAVED AND THE NATION, TO
BE
> COMFORTED, TO HAVE THE FAITH AND COURAGE TO SUSTAIN THEIR LOSS. AS WE
> REMEMBERE AND COMMIT THOSE WE LOVED DEARLY IN ALLAH'S CARE, I AM HEREBY
> DECLARING ONE WEEK OF MOURNING, DURING WHICH ALL FLAGS IN THE COUNTRY WILL
> BE FLOWN AT HALF MAST IN LOVING MEMORY AND RESPECT FOR THE DEAD
>
> FELLOW GAMBIANS
>
> I WANT US ALL TO PUT THIS SAD AND UNPRECEDENTED INCIDENT INTO ITS PROPER
> PERSPECTIVE, TO REFLECT ON AND INVESTIGATE INTO THE CAUSES AND TO DRAW
> USEFUL LESSONS FROM THE EXPERIENCE. WHILE I WAS IN CUBA ATTENDING THE G
77 -
> SOUTH SUMMIT, I HAVE BEEN CONSTANTLY WORKING WITH MY GOVERNMENT ON THE
> EVOLUTION OF THE SITUATION ON THE GROUND. EVERYONE WILL AGREE THAT THE
> PRIMARY DUTY OF ANY GOVERNMENT IS TO ENSURE THAT PEACE AND STABILITY
> PREVAILS IN A COUNTRY, SAFEGUARD THE RIGHTS OF EVERYONE TO LIFE AND
> PROPERTY, AND GUANRANTEE FREEDOM AND JUSTICE WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOUR. MY
> GOVERNMENT WILL THEREFORE CONDUCT A FULL INVESTIGATION INTO THE EVENTS OF
> THE 10TH AND 11TH APRIL 2000. IN THE INVESTIGATIONS, NO STONE WILL BE LEFT
> UNTURNED IN OUR SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH. CONCURRENTLY, A CORONER'S INQUEST
WILL
> BE HELD ON THE CAUSE OF DEATH OF THE TWELVE YOUNG PEOPLE WHO LOST THEIR
> LIVES IN THIS UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT.
>
> IN THE DAYS THAT LIE AHEAD, I WILL BE COUNTING ON ALL GAMBIANS, RELIGIOUS
> LEADERS, LEADERS OF CONSCIENCE TO HELP BRING BACK THE PEACE AND STABILITY
> THAT HAS ENABLED US TO HELP NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES TO AVERT THE DANGERS OF
> INTERNAL CONFLICT AND STRIFE. WE WANT TO BUILD A SOCIETY WHOSE YOUTH WILL
BE
> PROUD OF THE EDUCATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES THAT HAVE BEEN MADE
> AVAILABLE TO THEM. THIS WILL ENABLE US TO BUILD ON THESE FOUNDATIONS WHICH
> WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE THE GAMBIA A HAVEN OF PEACE AND STABILITY IN THE
> SUB-REGION AND AFRICA AT LARGE. THESE ARE CERTAINLY SOME OF THE ESSENTIAL
> PRE-CONDITIONS FOR ATTAINING OUR VISION 2020 OBJECTIVES.
>
> I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ATTENTION AND PRAY THAT THE ALMIGHTY ALLAH
CONTINUE